Climate constantly resets to standard temperature

I have a couple of eq3btsmart climate heating devices.

They only seem to keep the temperature that I set them to for a couple of minutes and then revert the temperature to what is set as standard temperature by the device configuration app.

I removed all presence detection to exclude presence toggling caused by wonky BTLE detection, so no I only have a simple time trigger. Still the temperature resets after a few minutes.

When I still had the presence detection running that caused the “coming home” automation to trigger all the time so the red bars in the screenshot are very close to each other. After I switched to a timed trigger, there are needles whenever I trigger the automation manually.

This is my automation:

- id: '1545855870594'
  alias: Heizung Tagschaltung
  trigger:
  - at: 07:00:00
    platform: time
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: climate.wohnzimmer_rechts
      temperature: 21
      operation_mode: Heat
    service: climate.set_temperature

I have a few other automations that trigger the climate devices to turn off when I open a window, but those haven’t been triggered.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or what I could do differently to improve the behaviour?

It turned out “operation_mode: heat” is “auto” on my valve, which means depending on wether it is set to comfort or eco (sun and moon icon in the display) the temperature sets either to the higher or lower setting. In my case it always automatically reversed from 21°C to 17°C.

After I’ve set “operation_mode: manual” it worked fine.