Climate / Nabu Casa / Google Home

Hi,
When I try to ask the temperature of a room, Google Home always says " Sorry, it looks like that device hasn’t been set up yet".
But the thermostat is working well in the Google Home Application. The Google Nest Hub shows me in the screen the target & the temperature, but it can’t say the temperature :-/

It’s was working in some rooms but only for a moment.

This has been a real puzzle to me as well for a while. I am currently running 2021.1.5, I think mine started to work at 2020.12.1, but I can not be sure. I has this conf in for a number of version prior to that and all I got was " Sorry, it looks like that device hasn’t been set up yet". I configure the google home access via YAML, my setup is below. two things:

1. Google thinks my temperature sensors are thermostats, so google reports the temperature and then tells me the thermostat is ‘off’. In the HA debug logs I see that Nabu Casa is sending my sensor as a thermostat, so this problems seem either with how I have my sensors described, see below for one example or a bug in Nabu Casa subsystem
  2. I have a temperature sensor in backyard and NOTHING I have tried will let me place that sensor in Google Home’s Backyard. If I put a sensor in Google Backyard room, Google gives the ‘Sorry’ message. Move the sensor to a indoor room and it works a theromstat. So, does google treat Front Yard and Back Yard special and no allow a thermostat? Yet to figure out. THough I would first see if I can get Nabu Casa to upload sensor as a sensor rather than a thermostat.

Good hunting and Happy New Year!

nabu casa google home actions:

google_actions:
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - switch.lg_tv_screen
        - switch.lg_tv_hdmi_1
        - switch.lg_tv_hdmi_2
        - switch.lg_tv_hdmi_3
        - switch.lg_tv_av
        - switch.coffee_maker
        - light.osram_lightify_a19_tunable_white_01_level_light_color_on_off
        - sensor.backyard_sensor_temperature
        - sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_17f0c802_temperature
        - sensor.small_bedroom_govee_temperature
        - sensor.living_room_atc_mi_temperature
    entity_config:
      light.osram_lightify_a19_tunable_white_01_level_light_color_on_off:
        name: Hanging Lamp
        room: Living Room
      sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_17f0c802_temperature:
        name: Garage Temperature
        room: Garage
      sensor.small_bedroom_govee_temperature:
        name: Small Bedroom Temperature
        room: Small Bedroom
      sensor.living_room_atc_mi_temperature:
        name: Living Room Temperature
        room: Living Room
      # sensor.backyard_atc_mi_temperature:
      #   name: Backyard Temperature
      #   room: Backyard

sensor example:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Small Bedroom Govee Temperature"
    unique_id: "3F:46:00:90:33:22-Temperature"
    expire_after: 3600
    state_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/ble-temp/3F:46:00:90:33:22"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.temperature }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "°F"
    json_attributes_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/ble-temp/3F:46:00:90:33:22"

I was trying with climate so I have sensor & thermostat in the config.
Maybe it worth a try to configure it in a yaml instead of Nabu Casa tab.

Someone mentioned to me as well that the availability of this might be country specific, I am in USA, he in France and seeing different things. However, I do not think we never determined 100% whether it was country or config diffs.

Do you have any update on this.

I was experiencing these unrelated to Home Assistant, with Wiser. I was also getting something like “this mode isn’t available”, it appears this is a support issue on the google side, where it cannot group thermostats like “turn off central heating”. I performed some googling on the dev side and it flags a “not supported”.

Like you guys, I could control the thermostats but not via some commands.

One of my climate still working with Google Home since the beginning & all of them have the same parameters.
I can change the thermostat with all of them but it can’t tell me the temperature in the room.
But with my phone, I can see the temperature in the Google Home application.
It’s very strange.

Ok, today, all of them are working & I have changed nothing.
I guess it was a Nabu Casa bug.

1 Like