[Closed - solved with update] Cannot connect MJDP02YL aka Mi LED Smart Bulb (White and Color) to Hass.io

Today was my first (unsuccessful) try with Home Assistant.
Platform: Archlinux Desktop
Installation: Via pacman, from community repo, version 0.103.4-1
Device I’m trying to add (unsuccessful): Mi LED Smart Bulb (White and Color) MJDP02YL

Installation went ok, I was created local user account, I am able to login and browse web interface.

Mentioned bulb is connected on wifi and I have full access to control it via both, Mi Home and Yeelight Android apps. LAN control is turned on in Yeelight app.

Nothing was appeared in Overview dashboard regarding this light (I would provide screenshot here, but it’s said that new users are allowed for 1 ss per post)

If I go to Configuration > Integrations, I can see some bulb with different name, which is not presented in house for real. It is: HomeKit Accessory: MijiaColorBulb-DEA0, so I guess that hass is see my MJDP02YL as wrong model (there is only 1 smart bulb in game - MJDP02YL) (I would provide screenshot here, but it’s said that new users are allowed for 1 ss per post)

Anyway, if I choose “configure”, in order to add my bulb which is seen with wrong model name by hass, it ask me for some pin. As far as I know, my bulb has no pin at all.

I was already tried with 111-22-333 cause I read on some forum this is default pin for some Xiaomi bulbs, but this also wasn’t successful.

I hadn’t success with manual configuration from here: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/yeelight/ ok, service is up and running, but there wasn’t new device in integrations.

I would be glad to provide any additional info if someone could help, thanks.

I would like to close this unanswered topic, with new 0.104.2-1 update I am able to find and add my bulb, by official guide on: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/yeelight/

MJDPL02YL bulb is not detected yet

You have to enable LAN control first, for every bulb, from Yeelight Android app. Without this, they cannot be detected in HA.

Afterwards, you need to add them as entities with local IP addresses to your configuration.yaml, as per official HA documentation, Yeelight integration.

Note: Xiaomi/Yeelight were removed LAN control option from app for this bulb model, because of some their internal stupid “security” stuff. I recently bought 1 more bulb of this model and I used older apk version downloaded from internet to enable LAN control. V 3.1.79 worked for me, LAN control option was available. In latest app versions, there is no LAN control option, it is hidden, removed, or what ever.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the explanation, many entires in this forum about this but no one explain the main problem as you did .

This afternoon will tryit , thanks again!!

EDIT: It works! I did it with version you mentioned 3.1.79. Great!

Glad to hear that. I think this applies only on Mi bulbs, not on Yeelight, cause if I remember good when I read on internet, this is some pressure from Xiaomi side on companies under their umbrella.
E.g. I have:

• 2x Mi Color bulb MJDP02YL
  • 2x Yeelight Color bulb YLDP02YL
  • 2x Yeelight Color bulb 1S YLDP13YL
    (and planning to buy 3 more, no matter what model of mentioned)

Only for Mi bulbs, LAN control option is missing in newer apk versions, for Yeelight bulbs LAN control is presented.

One more thing: You maybe wouldn’t want to accept OTA firmware update if that happens. Sincerely, this is already old model and I don’t think so that will be some new update in future at all, but I know that I will not accept it if app is offering to me, cause don’t want to risk that they patch and totally disable integration with third party platforms. These bulbs are working great with HA :slight_smile: