Collapsed attributes, could be disabled for those entities with only 1-2 attributes

Every time when I want to check the attributes, it spent 1 more of click, and saves no space on the screen (even waste more for 1-attribute entities).

Sure, it’s good for those with 3 or more attributes.

Most of the time, you don’t need to those and often contain technical data that only confuse or clutter.

I disagree. The extra click is a nuisance.

Please give us the option to hide or show attributes without the extra click needed.

Yes! I wish there could be a option to disable “collapsed attributes”. and I think I will never enable it if I have the choice.

Yeh the option would be good. Usually I’m clicking on the entity to view the attributes in the first place so I’d rather them be expanded by default.

1 Like

How do I use one of these “collapsed attributes” as a (numeric) sensor to trigger an automation?
I’d like to be the one who decides what’s “confusing and cluttering technical data” and what isn’t…

“State-based template sensors” and “Template trigger” are the answers for your question, and I don’t think it has any relationship with the feature collapsed attributes.
more info:
Template - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)
Automation Trigger

Would really like to see a way to have the collapsed attributes expanded by default. I use Home Assistant to have insight into how my systems are working, and attributes are a useful way of seeing that data, that was hidden away without discussion or feedback. I click on a sensor because I want more info about it – I should haven’t to click a second time just to get the info. One user who I’m sure means well felt like they didn’t want to see information that was previous available to everyone, and now it’s hidden for everyone.

The idea that if I want to see this info I should directly display it on a dashboard is silly – I have hundreds of sensors, in all sorts of different dashboard panels and layouts, and when I want to see more info I click on them. One shouldn’t have to click a second time to get the more info I asked for in the first place. That’s why it’s the More Info panel. Making a manual dashboard page for every sensor (and then what, replacing the more-info popup with a link to that dashboard? and recreating the entire more-info panel there?) isn’t practical.