Community Hass.io Add-on: AppDaemon2

May we get the addon with the updated appdaemon?

@frenck I set up HAdashboard using your AppDaemon plugin. It is working great except iā€™m trying to change the skin and in the documentation it says to put the files in a variables.yaml file but when i check the appdaemon folder i donā€™t see anything.

The latest AppDaemon is a beta version. Hassio add-ons do not support beta versions and/or channels.

Iā€™m not sure if we should publish the add-on with an alpha/beta to be honestā€¦

Please note, the documentation currently reflects the Beta version of AppDaemon 3.0.0. The add-on ships with the current stable version (2.x). Be sure to use the correct documentation matching the version.

Got my hands on a Raspberry Pi 1 (B), was able to reproduce the issue. Looking into a fix.

Edit: Yeah my badā€¦ ARMv6 vs ARMv7. The semver tool inside those images is compiled for ARMv7, while Pi1/Zero have ARMv6. Will deploy a fix as soon as possible.

This error is in my base images, and therefore all my add-ons will suffer from this. This gives this issue the highest priority I have at this moment.

Secondly, since it is in the base images, I need to push updates for all my add-ons. This takes some work.

Right on, thanks! no problem on the delays, no big hurry on my part, just glad this will get the ARMv6 devices supported for everyone.

Great. Thank you so much. No hurry on my side as wellā€¦ Cannot look into it for at least next 2 weeks.

:tada: Release v1.0.0

This release fixes an issue with the add-on not working on ARMv6 chipsets (Raspberry Pi 1/Zero).

Full Changelog

Changed

• Add-on project status: Production ready
  • Upgrades add-on base image to v1.3.2
  • Changed add-on branding from AppDaemon to AppDaemon2 (3 is on its way)
1 Like

Hi,
Regarding Dashboard, I would like to have more control over the Cover. The manual clearly said that at this moment, the cover only supports open and close. Because I use the cover to control blinds, I would like to control position. Is it possible to know when this will be developed?
Thanks

if you can control it in HA you can control it in the dashboard.
how do you control position in HA?

Hi Rene,
I control position in HA this way:
cover.estore_grande_sala_level:
position: ā€˜65ā€™
This example is used inside of a scene.
(it opens the blind more or less to the middle)

Thanks

then you can create an input select or an input number that uses an automation to set that setting.
and you can use a widget in dashboard to control an input slider or an input select

or just use the widget for scene or script

Thank you Rene, I will try with input select.
Thanks

in appdaemon 2.1.12 input select is only available as custom widget (not in the main included)
the custom widget can be found on my github. https://github.com/ReneTode/My-AppDaemon/tree/master/custom_widgets

or you could wait for the AD 3.0 beta addon

Iā€™m trying, but seems confusing because the custom part. Iā€™m using only the standard widgets. For instance, the Light widget has already a level up and down embedded in it, but cover doesnā€™t.
If I use the input_slider with a Cover as HA entity, it doesnā€™t work.
Sorry but Iā€™m new in this add-on, however I have already a pretty nice control dashboard. To be perfect I only need to have control of the covers :slight_smile:
Thanks

custom widgets are widgets created by other persons then the creator from appdaemon (@aimc)
in appdaemon 2.1.12 (which you are using) there is no widget for input select.
thats why you can use custom widgets.

but the dashboard has widgets for scene and script.
you use a scene to set your cover halfway, so why not use the scene widget for that?

all widgets that are included in your version can be found in this doc:
http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/2.1.12/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html

1 Like

Of course, yes, I can use a scene or a scrip to do it!!! The only disadvantage is that I need to create a script/scene to half of the blind opened, but at the end, Iā€™m not controlling the position on demand from the dashboard.
Any way, I got it, and I will follow your suggestion.
Thank you very much

1 Like

Possible to have vertical slider?

And 2 input select in one box?

a vertical slider is in my custom widgets
if you want 2 elements in 1 box, you need to create your own custom widget.

Difficult?