Community Hass.io Add-on: AppDaemon 3

Thanks very much for your quick response.

1 Like

Same problem here.

18-05-06 07:40:18 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] /homeassistant/api/states access from a0d7b954_appdaemon3
18-05-06 07:40:18 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 381, in start
    resp = await self._request_handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_app.py", line 322, in _handle
    resp = await handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py", line 88, in impl
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/security.py", line 36, in token_validation
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/proxy.py", line 108, in api
    client = await self._api_client(request, path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/proxy.py", line 37, in _api_client
    method = getattr(self._websession_ssl, request.method.lower())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/coresys.py", line 269, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError()
AttributeError

and here:

2018-05-06 10:43:25.540223 INFO AppDaemon: HASS: Connected to Home Assistant 0.68.1
2018-05-06 10:43:25.659151 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Error getting metadata
2018-05-06 10:43:25.667611 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Disconnected from Home Assistant, retrying in 5 seconds
2018-05-06 10:43:30.698605 INFO AppDaemon: HASS: Connected to Home Assistant 0.68.1
2018-05-06 10:43:30.787957 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Error getting metadata
2018-05-06 10:43:30.794282 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Disconnected from Home Assistant, retrying in 5 seconds
2018-05-06 10:43:35.824375 INFO AppDaemon: HASS: Connected to Home Assistant 0.68.1
2018-05-06 10:43:36.045170 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Error getting metadata
2018-05-06 10:43:36.055609 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Disconnected from Home Assistant, retrying in 5 seconds
2018-05-06 10:43:36.065153 WARNING AppDaemon: Unexpected error refreshing default state - retrying in 10 minutes

Issue seems to be fixed now in Supervisor 103.2.

To upgrade:

3 Likes

Guau, that was fast! Thank you very much, Sir!
Youā€™re doing a fantastic, awesome, and enormous job with the Hassio add-ons, please continue :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Solved after 103.2. Thank you.

1 Like

Legend. This worked for me also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much working now. How can we keep the supervisor from auto updates? Problems like this are a prime example of why auto update can be horrible as all my automations went down with this supervisor update and I had no idea an update was even coming.

1 Like

@josephkiser04 I am totally on your side. I personally do not agree with the auto update function of Supervisor.

Currently, there is not sane way to disable or manually auto update.

@frenck would putting in a feature request for this be a good idea? I know something like this is more of a design philosophy than a feature sometimes so I didnā€™t know if the request would have any bearing or impact.

@frenck AND everyone involved, THANKS for the work on this!

1 Like

:tada: Release v1.1.0

This release is exciting, at least, for me it is. Iā€™ve been working on this for months! And for you? Well, almost nothing changed :stuck_out_tongue:

So what did change? Iā€™ve updated the workflows of the Community Hass.io Add-ons project. Things include:

• Replaced CircleCI and CodeClimate. We are now using GitLab CI, backed by a couple of custom servers building and testing these add-ons.
  • All add-ons are now scanned during built and release by Clair to prevent security issues in our add-ons.
  • All add-ons are constantly scanned and monitored by Anchore.io. We will be notified immediately in case of security issues occur. (Major thanks to Anchore.io for helping us out!)
  • The add-ons repository is now entirely generated and automatically synced with all the add-ons. This ensures repositories are in sync, never forgotten and releases are almost instantly.
  • The base images that these add-ons are built on are entirely revised.
  • All add-ons have been updated to follow the Docker best practices. These are checked on every code change by GitLab CI.
  • All add-ons had maintenance. All software is updated to the latest and greatest and the documentation has been revisited.
  • There are now 2 bots in place on the GitHub project. The Add-ons Assistant is helping us out with the GitHub issues and pull requests and the AddonsBot is fully active taking care of updating code across the different GitHub Repositories.
  • We now have Edge & Beta add-ons repositories available. This allows everybody to test the latest and greatest (in case you donā€™t care about stability that much, or just wanna help out!)
  • Iā€™ve removed all the PayPal, Bitcoin, ā€¦ buttons. If youā€™d like to show your appreciation, then please, just buy me a coffee.

So thatā€™s quite a lot, right? So what changed in this specific add-on?

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds .yamllint configuration
  • Adds all architectures to add-on config
  • Adds Probot configuration
  • Adds add-on README template
  • Adds Gitlab CI

Fixed

• Fixes Markdownlint warning in License
  • Fixes hadolint warnings

Changed

• Replaces Changelog with GitHub releases
  • Updates README
  • Upgrades add-on base image to v1.4.1
  • Renames AppDaemon3 back to AppDaemon

Removed

• Removes CodeClimate
  • Removes CircleCI
  • Removes supervisor version constraint from add-on config
2 Likes

The addon seems to overwrite the ha_key when it restarts. I tried to replace it with:

ha_key: !secret home_assistant_key

But it is replaced by the actual key whenever the plugin starts.

I donā€™t really understand the consequences of this, Iā€™m just trying to clean up my repo before publishing it on github (I have some custom widgets to share).

This is a known issue - I just havenā€™t got around to fixing it yet.

This is actually an issue with the add-on. Not AppDaemon.

Created an issue in the add-on repository to fix it:

2 Likes

Hi Franck,
I would like to thank for such a beautiful extension. It extends Hassio to the next level.

I have one query:
I have crated a files called flashLight.py , hello.py and apps.yaml under ā€œ**HASSIO\config\appdaemon\apps**ā€ folder

And apps.yaml has below content

flash_Light:
  module: flashLight
  class: FlashyMotionLights
hello_world:
  module: hello
  class: HelloWorld

Now I am not seeing any thing on my dashboard.

I have created a Automation.dash under ā€œ\HASSIO\config\appdaemon\dashboardsā€
has content

Main arguments, all optional
title: Flashlight
widget_dimensions: [122, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 8
#skin = green
Includes (Optional)
layout:
  - include: /config/apps/apps

But I can not see anything in my dash board.
Only the Automation link is showed. But a blank page when opened, no content inside itā€¦
Please suggest ā€¦I guess I am missing something here.
How can I link my automation to dashboard ā€¦??

Thanks,
MJ

i am sorry to dissapoint you, but appdaemon was not created by frenck, but by @aimc

and what you are trying to do is impossible.

the dashboard is there to view entities that exist in HA.
the apps are to create automations.

i think you better take a look at the documents about how to create a dashboard :wink:
http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html

any other questions about apps or the dashboard you can better ask in a new topic in the subforum appdaemon or hadashboard, because this topic is about the hassio addon (which is a wrapper for appdaemon/hadashboard to use it on the hassio platform)

sorry.
I have created the Dashboad which displays the things(entities that exist in HA) , But now I want to attach the automation(Apps) in Dashboard. Is that a possibility. I can crate a new topic for it.

sorry, but you cant attach apps to a dashboard.
apps are no entities and have no state, so you cant view an app.
you can however start and stop apps by using an input_boolean constraint
the input boolean then can be put on your dashboard.

Thanks for the clarification.

:tada: Release v1.1.1

Full Changelog

Added

• Adds support for having ha_key loaded from secrets file (#16)

Fixed

• Fixes expanding secrets string check
1 Like