Home Assistant Community Add-on: Lutron Certificate

Ok, this might be a stupid question but, do I need to keep the add on running after I generate the certificates? (which worked flawlessly)

Thanks for anyones advice
-Bob

Once the cert files are in the ssl/lutron directory, you can uninstall.

As a note, I couldnā€™t get this addon to work so I did it the manual way.
As a second note, the spacing in the documentation and this post has only two spaces instead of the four that the Lutron integration has for each entry below lutron_caseta:

Removed - Updated below.

:tada: Release v0.4.0

Full Changelog

This is a maintenance release and does not have breaking changes.

:hammer: Changes

• :arrow_up: Updates cryptography to v2.8 (#7)
  • :fireworks: Updates maintenance/license year to 2020
  • :pencil2: Fixes some spelling and grammar
  • :books: Adjust add-on installation instructions
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v4.0.0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades gcc to 9.2.0-r3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades libc-dev to 0.7.2-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades openssl-dev to 1.1.1d-r3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades dbus to 1.12.16-r2

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons

I updated to Release 4.0. But when I clicked the ā€œOpen Web UIā€, I got an error message:

# This site canā€™t be reached
**myha.duckdns.org**  refused to connect.
* Search Google for [myha duckdns org 5817](https://www.google.com/search?q=myha%20duckdns%20org%205817)

I have duckdns set up and I can access my Hassio (installed on Raspberry Pi) remotely. Not sure how I can make the lutron work. Do I need to set up the port forwarding for 5817 on my router? Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks a lot in advance,

@chenghs You do not need this add-on to be forwarded to the outside world.

This add-on is a one-time run / needed one time only type of add-on.

It only provides a tool to obtain a certificate easily. After obtaining it, you wonā€™t need it anymore.

So Iā€™m not sure what you question or issue is at this point.

@frenck Thanks for your prompt response and explanation. I installed the Lutron Certificate v0.4.0 and started it. In the installation section, you mentioned that Step4 is "Open the web UI for the ā€œLutron Certificateā€ add-on and follow the steps. When I clicked the ā€œOpen Web UIā€ on Lutron Certificate page (via Hassio -> DashBoard -> Lutron Certificate), I got the error:

# This site canā€™t be reached
**myha.duckdns.org**  refused to connect.
* Search Google for [myha duckdns org 5817](https://www.google.com/search?q=myha%20duckdns%20org%205817)

:tada: Release v0.5.0

Full Changelog

This is a maintenance release and does not have breaking changes.

:hammer: Changes

• :books: Update add-on documentation to use new YAML configuration format
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v5.0.0
  • :hammer: Re-branding
  • :hammer: Update add-on config with new password & list features
  • :arrow_up: Updates requests to v2.23.0 (#8)
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v5.0.2
  • :hammer: Update community forum links

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons

this is so easy to use!! thank you !

Does anyone else have the issue of the fan control missing the medium_high option?

Howd you make out here? Im facing the exact same issue and havenā€™t found a resolve yet. :frowning:

oi. if anyone else start losing their mind trying to figure out why their caseta component isnā€™t working, i solved it by providing the complete vs relative path in the config.

mazel.

Iā€™m running home assistant as a Docker image on macOS. As such, I donā€™t have access to the Home Assistant Community Add-on store that is used to load this app. I saw mention of a manual way to do so. Can I use this app with my set up and, if so, how?

I currently have access to my Caseta devices via a SmartThings integration. I no longer use SmartThings to control the devices so my thinking would be to delete them from SmartThings and then add in this integration. Would I then have to redo all my automations referring to the Caseta devices? Iā€™m hoping, given that the device names wouldnā€™t change, that I wouldnā€™t. If not, if wouldnā€™t be a huge amount of work to redo them. The reason I ask is directly accessing the Lutron hub instead of going through the SmartThings hub much of an improvement? I still need to access the SmartThings hub to get to my SmartThings motion sensors.

Hey, thanks for making this an easy integration.

Is there a possibility to add more than one bridge to an instance?

I also noticed the following mentioned in the log;

• Environment: production
    WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.

How stable is the build? Is it safe to use in a business environment (small restaurant, retail outlet, etc?)

Hey, thanks so much for providing this. Unfortunately, even thought the web ui tells me that everything was succesful, I am not seeing the cert files being generated. Any chance it is an obvious mistake I am making?