Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye

Seems to be a hassio issue where tinker board support is missing

It seems to be the problem of naming containers or ffmpeg binary file

Correct, this is expected to be fixed in the next Hassio Supervisor release.

I’m not sure what that means. My add-ons are build on native CPU services (e.g., the aarch64 add-on is build on a real aarch64/arm64 cpu/machine).

In the case of the aarch64 version of the add-on, the following package is installed by Alpine on installation of ffmpeg: https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/v3.8/community/aarch64/ffmpeg

Interesting, does this mean we have a better way of implementing the Xiaomi dafang cameras into hass now, without the laggy rtsp stream?

TJ

2 Likes

Thanks @frenck, I was under the same impression but I can’t just manage to get LE running in my specific scenario. Would you mind taking a look at this old post of mine and let me know your thoughts on it? I used DuckDNS+Let’s Encrypt, but what I describe on it also applies to standalone LE add-on

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction :slight_smile:

How du you add an normal USB camera hooked up to a pi and with HASSIO on it?

@Frenck: thanks for providing that add-on, really great work !

Is there a chance to get an HA event when a motion was detected (ideally with snapshot) ?

I’m aware that motionEye has the the detection option but I don’t wanna use the mail notification.

2 Likes

There’s an option to send a webhook in motioneye. Just have it call a script

I have motionEye running on another raspberry pi in my system. I assume there is not way to point to that machine to implement the Add-on? Having said that the Hassio install appears to run on Alpine Linux platform that does not have apt-get or pip commands implemented to install motionEye. Any leads are most appreciated.

I can’t get this to run. What are the certfile and keyfile and where do I find them?

If you don’t have ssl set ssl to false and then you’re done.

1 Like

Yes, thats what I did. But by the time the script is executed and a snapshot has been taken, the object triggering the motion event has passed :frowning:

I need the motion- event with the correlating when the event was triggered

1 Like

Thank you teachingbirds, setting ssl to false has done it.
The motioneye is not coming up on the left panel though? I can open the “Web UI”, which opens on the HASSio IP address so everything appearst to be working… How do I get it do show in my left panel of HASS?

Try reading the manual :wink:

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Ooops sorry my bad.
I saw that but thought it was for including each camera into the “overview” tabs.

All working now…:blush:

it works perfect , thankyou!

i wasnt able to make the camera push to work ,
https://www.home-assistant.io/components/camera.push/

this is in order to be able to capture or show , pictures , when an 2interest" event occurs .
the pictures are captured , but the push camera is not working , no idea if is a HASS problem , or some limitation on the addon .

I have managed to find the RTSP URL’s for my two camera’s which are XMEYE cameras.

rtsp://admin:@192.168.0.104/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp

rtsp://admin:@192.168.0.102/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp

I can successfully open these steams in VLC.

However when I try and enter the URL in motionEYE it does not work.

Screenshot%20from%202018-10-20%2002-27-32

In the log files it returns the error:

/bin/sh: lsb_release: not found WARNING: 403 GET /login/?_=1539998503606&username=&_signature=529b3bacb79d310e280c6fae96a1464b0adbe478 (127.0.0.1) 5.97ms Failed to open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

Any ideas please?

I’ve done the same, remove at the beginning “ admin:@“ leaving only the ip , this is mine:
rtsp://192.168.1.10/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=1.sdp

4 Likes

@g.nigro Thank you very much! I would have never figured that out without your help.