Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye

@hede0n that is not yet supported by this addon.

Right. I have just realised it is not going to work anyway as files I have mentioned are scripts to run mosquitto or curl commands. Do you think it would be possible to include curl in the docker image so we could use “action button” feature to control actions in HASS.IO?

BTW. thanks for your work man!

@webhooks are supported, so you can point them to Home Assistant webhooks easily… from that point on… well anything is possible I guess

1 Like

Hi Frenck,
Thank you for another add-on! I have an error stating port 8082 is closed when I add my 6th ip camera and it ruins the rest of the 5 cameras. I read somewhere on the Github that changing the port number on the respective camera file located at etc/motioneye solved the problem. However, looking up here I see a folder created for each camera at share/motioneye but all the folders are empty. Could you please help me on this?

I keep getting a “Please apply modified settings first” when trying to add a camera. The only change was changing the password to which I clicked the Apply button. Any suggestions?

I am trying to add a network share to save my recording but I keep getting this error:

mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
mount error(19): No such device
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
   ERROR: failed to mount smb share "//****/Recordings" at "/media/motioneye_vddnetnas_vddnet_org_recordings_admin"
   ERROR: access to network share //****/Recordings failed: cannot mount network share

I have access to the share with the user configured.

My motionEye has been running for quite a while and today I noticed it was not.

Upon reviewing the log, the following error is presented:

nginx: [warn] “ssl_stapling” ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate “/ssl/certificate.pem”

I’m not sure I completely understand the error. The certificate.pem is in the SSL directory and has previously been running just fine. I am uploading a screen shot highlighting the location of the certificate.pem file.

Any ideas please?

did you recently install nginx? I had to restart and change a few config setting for most of my addons after I switched to nginx for ssl. motioneye was one that wouldn’t work until I restarted it and logged in again

you might also consider creating an automation that checks if motioneye is running every few minutes and do a restart if it’s not. I’ve set this up for node red, but none of my other addons yet

Hi!

I’m trying out the motionEye addon for my RPi3 running hassio. I’m trying to turn on and off the motion detection for the added cameras.

If I send a http request like “https://MYHASSIOIP.duckdns.org:8765/1/detection/start” I get this in the addon log:

ERROR: HTTP 404: Not Found (not found)
WARNING: 404 GET /1/detection (127.0.0.1) 3.95ms

I assume the request don’t work because the motionEye is not configured to accept http requests? I can’t seem to find any configuration file using WinSCP, I have serached for motion.conf and motioneye.conf.

Is it possible to turn on and off motion detection using http requests on hassio?

@2carlos Thank you very much for your reply. It was an issue with the certificates expiring. :slight_smile:

No one is mounting a remote cifs share to save videos from this addon?

Awesome! Any chance you can add mosquitto_pub so we can use mqtt triggers for motion detection? I’m trying to get motion detection to work with Hassio/Node Red.

1 Like

MotionEye can send HTTP WebHook requests … by using the parameter %f you get the full filename of the video or snapshot including directory … this will enable you to display the motion event.

I’m using Node-Red for the automation but should work within HA as well

Thats great. I have unfortunately no idea how webhooks work. But now that I know thats a working solution, I’m going to try to figure it out.

1 Like

Hi Frenck, and thanks for this addon !
I’ve seen the limitation regarding the local Pi camera which can’t be added into MotionEye, too bad because it’s the config I’d like to work with…
Do you have any idea if this will be fixed by the hassio evolutions in the near future ?

(Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye)
i have the same problem

Hi! When I had one camera (rtsp) my rpi’s cpu was loaded for 40-50% when I was watching it live. And 3-4% at other time. How does this add on work? Will it be better?
I want to get live view of 4 cams and have already bought DVR, but I am just onterested if Pi can handle that. If not, can intel nuc for 150-200$?

motioneye add-on is using wrong time zone on my home assistant, how can I make it to use the hassio timezone or explicitly set the correct one?

Great addon! However haven’t had much success mounting any fileshares, fileshares hosted from Windows (Server 2016/19), Ubuntu & Synology nas are all inaccessble, looks like kernal is missing cifs interpreter: