Home Assistant Community Add-on: TasmoAdmin

Thanks! Updated no problems. Also 6.1.1 sonoff Tasmota firmware available and loaded that with tasmoadmin on 2 switches. Works perfectly.

1 Like

:+1: this is fast and consistent updates, thanks !

1 Like

I have held off doing this simply because I want to test the process on a spare Sonoff before I risk my mission critical (ha ha!!) ones.

Would I be right in thinking that selecting ā€˜Automaticā€™ does all Sonofffs in one go but that choosing ā€˜Nextā€™ will allow you at some stage to choose which ones to upgrade?

Still having a problem updating Tasmota to 6.1.1 from 6.1.0 (automatic and manual)

It is starting from Step 2 ie no ā€˜minimal firmwareā€™ first then the full firmware.

Tasmoadmin goes through the motions but no update is actually made.

Log report:

[15-07-2018 19:46:29][GLOBAL] Start update process
[15-07-2018 19:46:29][ID-4][STEP-2][GLOBAL] Start Step 2
[15-07-2018 19:46:29][ID-4][STEP-2][CHECK] Check Connection | TRY => 1
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][CHECK] Connection Successfully! | Current Version => 6.1.0
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][OTAURL] Set OTA URL for Firmware => NEW FW
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][OTAURL] OTA Url => https://192.168.1.200:9541/data/firmwares/sonoff.bin
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-1][OTAURL] OTA URL set for Firmware => NEW FW
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][UPDATE] Trigger device updateā€¦
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][UPDATE] Device update triggered
[15-07-2018 19:46:30][ID-4][STEP-2][CHECK UPDATE] Wait for update | Seconds => 60
[15-07-2018 19:47:30][ID-4][STEP-2][DONE] ============= Update done! =============

This is infuriating.

Can anyone throw some light on what could be happening?

Thank you

PS Cannot find the file /data/firmwares/sonoff.bin

Not really. Automatic makes it search for and download the firmware itself and then you still select the switches to update. Next means you need to specify the firmware files and then I assume it will also ask which ones to update.

Do you have the piā€™s ip address set as the update server?

Yes the Piā€™s address is there.

Ok, I am going for the Automatic option but it cannot download the firmware from GitHub.
I also get a warning about CFG_HOLDER which makes no sense to me.

Are they connected? Does anyone have any advice?
(I know I could try a manual update but itā€™d be nice to get the automatic option working)

Do you have the Piā€™s IP address set as the update server? (OTA Server IP) The Error about CFG you can ignore. Worst case you can d/l firmware (minimal and normal) and configure those and then update. However this is the second time Iā€™ve used Tasmoadmin to update without a hitch.

Ok, I had to download the files and do it manually (I had the correct IP address when trying to do it automatically).

Same thing happened here though I got the ā€˜Update doneā€™ message but still shows firmware version 5.12.0.

@klogg which language did you select on the settings page or did you even select one?

1 Like

Yes, that half solved itā€¦
I had missed that setting and had never set it. After correctly set to EN the Automatic option could find the firmware files.

Perhaps the docs could be updated to make this setting more obvious or better yet(?) the setting moved to the update screen?

However even though the process runs and completes as before it still shows as the original firmware with no update. I have tried on two Sonoff basics.

The Hassio addon is only a frontend to TasmoAdmin so far as I can tell - so unless they change the language setting at the source it wonā€™t be in the addon eitherā€¦

Have you changed any settings in the options for the addon? Enabled SSL or anything like that? My settings (options in addin) are at the defaults. I donā€™t have a web admin password for the Sonoff setā€¦ I do use a MQTT username and password. I also have a username and password for Tasmoadmin.

Do you have to use a login when you go to the web interface of the Sonoff?

Only the ā€˜Firmware language for automatic updateā€™

Yes I have. Although I am not sure now why I did. Maybe I should turn that off?

Same here

No.

Maybe sslā€¦ I just have the addon options set to their defaults. Perhaps this is why itā€™s not updating the firmware.

hmmmā€¦ I took ssl off and it got worse :slight_smile:
Now it I ran the update and it wouldnā€™t complete.
I need to reflash it now as it wonā€™t join the network!

But do you still have ssl in http settings in config yaml file?

I was afraid of this rabbit holeā€¦
I still donā€™t fully understand how all these security bits hang together.
I have no open ports on my router, so I have now turned off my DuckDNS add-on and disabled LetsEncrypt in my config:

#  # Let's Encrypt
#  base_url: !secret base_url
#  ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
#  ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

The only thing in my http: section is my api_password

My TasmoAdmin config is:

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "ssl": false,
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem",
  "ipv6": false
}

And (for completeness) my TasmoAdmin panel_iframe config is:

tasmoadmin:
    title: TasmoAdmin
    icon: mdi:lightbulb-on
    url: http://192.168.1.25:9541

can you access the web interface of the Sonoffs?
I have flashed the last 2 updates via tasmoadmin and they have just gone right through. I donā€™t understand why it isnā€™t working for youā€¦

check the >>tasmota<< github, their are alot of ppl with wifi problems after upgrading.

you did also not follow the migration line from 5.12.0 up to 6.1.1 (skipped 5.14.x).

as for ssl, try to call the ota url from your browser our better mobile or another pc and see if you get a download.

https://192.168.1.25:9541/data/firmware/sonoff.bin
(ssl port correct?)

Unfortunately their is no way to check if the fw update is done or not or got in error, tasmota does not give an answer, i can just wait 60-120sec and see if the device is back.

while updating you can see a lil bit more if you open the device console (web GUI) and set log level to debug or more debug.