Config only snapshot option for addons

I would like a way to snapshot only the config of an addon and not include any of its data.

The primary reason I want this is for the MariaDB addon. The data of this addon is huge since it contains the entire DB of all recorded events and states. I don’t really want this mass of data included in my snapshots since I don’t care if I lose history. Don’t get me wrong, history is great. But in the event of a restore from backup crisis situation I just want to get my house back up and running as quickly as possible, I don’t care if history is lost along the way. Which means I’m just wasting storage space for these large DB backups and spending more time taking snapshots for no value.

Now the obvious response here is “Mike, uncheck the stupid box and don’t back up that addon”. Fair, and that is what I do today. Here’s the problem - I can’t just restore from backup like this. If I start from the onboarding screen on a fresh system and I upload one of my snapshots it won’t work. HA is set to point to a mysql URL for recording which doesn’t exist because the MariaDB addon isn’t in this snapshot. So I have to make a dummy user, get through onboarding, install MariaDB, set up it up correctly, upload my snapshot, restore it and delete this dummy user. It’s not a huge amount of steps but still, a lot more annoying. And if you forgot the MariaDB user’s password then the process gets a whole lot harder…

So what I would like is a way to get the MariaDB addon and its config included in the snapshot and nothing else. I want it to install and configure the addon correctly on a fresh system make an empty DB so HA can take it from there.

Although this primarily applies to the MariaDB addon I imagine it also applies to other data-heavy addons like InfluxDB or Adguard (depending on how you long you have it set to keep logs).