Configuration of motion sensor failed

Dear all,

I’m a bit confused; I’ve bought 2x IKEA TRADFRI motion sensors, but with one of them I would be able to pair it with HA. I’m using Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle.

During the pairing process the motion sensor will be seen, interview gets starting and finishing, but then the device will be loading during the configuration phase. If I check the motion sensor in the list of devices, it has been listed but there is no services available. I also tried to restart the configuration on the device page, but this wouldn’t work either.

The other motion sensor has been installed very easy, and is running smoothly.

Is there anyone how could help me with this annoying problemm.
The log is showing:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/init.py:75
First occurred: 16:16:47 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:19:34

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/init.py”, line 64, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
yield
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/init.py”, line 84, in wrapper
return await RETRYABLE_REQUEST_DECORATOR(func)(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/util.py”, line 132, in retry
return await func()
^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/init.py”, line 377, in request
return await self._endpoint.request(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py”, line 253, in request
return await self.device.request(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/device.py”, line 293, in request
await self._application.request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 828, in request
await self.send_packet(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 1192, in send_packet
raise DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 659, in async_device_initialized
await self._async_device_joined(zha_device)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 675, in _async_device_joined
await zha_device.async_configure()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py”, line 574, in async_configure
await self.identify_ch.trigger_effect(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/init.py”, line 83, in wrapper
with wrap_zigpy_exceptions():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/contextlib.py”, line 155, in exit
self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/init.py”, line 75, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
raise HomeAssistantError(message) from exc
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Failed to send request: Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>

Replace batteries, and pair close to the coordinator (and yes, new bought can have almost empty batteries)

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
Indeed the problems where the batteries, now its working.