Configure TP-Link KP115 without Kasa app

I have a couple of TP-Link HS110 smart plugs and those can be configured without Kasa app using tplink_smartplug.py

With the same tplink_smartplug.py I am able to control the KP115 plug but I am not able to configure the plug to use my home wifi, which was possible using set_stainfo option of tplink_smartplug.py

Is there a way to somehow configure the KP115 without the app?

May not be relevant because you are using a python program, but …

I tried installing a couple of KP115’s a few months ago using the Kasa app on my android phone in “guest” mode (i.e. without logging in as a kasa user). It would detect and connect to the KP115, but would NOT go to the screen to select which wi-fi network to change to. Technical support refused to believe me, but on about the 6th exchange of asking me to just try again they suggested using an iphone/ipad.

I borrowed an iPad, installed the kasa app (same version as the android version on my phone) and it worked first time.

Actually I tried the configuration using the app with guest mode but it did not work either. With iPhone POS Kasa app won’t find the plug even though I am connected to plug’s wifi, but complains about missing internet. Well to me that’s not surprise as we are connected to plug’s wifi…

With iPad I can find the plug but can’t configure the plug’s wifi as you found out with Android app. With Android tablet the behaviour is similar as it is with iPhone app.

I really can’t understand how crappy software these companies are releasing.