Confused on my Alexa Actionable Notifications

So I’m following Keaton Taylor’s setup for Alexa Actionable Notifications https://github.com/keatontaylor/alexa-actions/wiki/FirstAction, and when I ask “Alexa, open custom actions”, she worked flawlessly. But now I’m stuck. I created my first of 3 notifications to tell me when my garage doors are up (PS - I have created 3 separate automations and would love to learn how to reduce this code…if possible). The automation to recognize if the door sensor is open works, or I think it works for I see it in the log history. It activates the script file, and then stops. She never asks me anything. I know that I’ve got some rookie mistake going on in my files, but I can’t see the forest because of the trees. Would love it, if you guys could take a quick peak and give me some guidance. Here’s my files…

located within my config.yaml file…

input_text:
  alexa_actionable_notification:
    name: Alexa Actionable Notification Holder
    max: 255
    initial: '{"text": "This is a test of the alexa actions custom skill. Did it work?", "event": "actionable.skill.test"}'

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations_folder
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

/config/automations_folder/garage_door_1_open.yaml

- alias: Garage_Door_1_Open
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.wyzesense_7791dc8e
      to: 'on'
    - platform: time
      at: 
        - '21:00:00' 
        - '22:30:00'
  action:
    - service: script.activate_alexa_actionable_notification
      data_template:
        text: 'It is 9pm and garage door one is still open, would you like me to close it?'
        event_id: 'actionable_notification_garage_1_left_open'
        alexa_device: 'media_player.Living_Room_Dot'

/config/automations_folder/garage_door_1_close.yaml

- alias: Close_garage_door_1
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: alexa_actionable_notification
    event_data:
      event_id: actionable_notification_garage_1_left_open
      event_response_type: ResponseYes
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      entity_id: switch.sonoff_10002a657b_1

/config/scripts.yaml

# Keaton's Alexa Actionable Notifications https://github.com/keatontaylor/alexa-actions/wiki/CustomSkill
activate_alexa_actionable_notification:
    description: 'Activates an actionable notification on a specific echo device'
    fields:
      text:
        description: 'The text you would like alexa to speak.'
        example: 'What would you like the thermostat set to?'
      event_id:
        description: 'Correlation ID for event responses'
        example: 'ask_for_temperature'
      alexa_device: 
        description: 'Alexa device you want to trigger'
        example: 'media_player.Living_Room_Dot'
    sequence:
      - service: input_text.set_value
        data_template:
          entity_id: input_text.alexa_actionable_notification
          value: '{"text": "{{ text }}", "event": "{{ event_id }}"}'
      - service: media_player.play_media
        data_template:
          entity_id: "{{ alexa_device }}"
          media_content_type: skill
          media_content_id: 'amzn1.ask.skill.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

This is the ERROR that I get for each door, but I pulled Garage Door 1 from homeassistant.log

2020-08-16 21:15:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script.activate_alexa_actionable_notification] activate_alexa_actionable_notification: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 2: Unable to find service media_player/play_media
2020-08-16 21:15:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.garage_door_1_open] Garage_Door_1_Open: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service media_player/play_media
2020-08-16 21:15:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.garage_door_1_open] While executing automation automation.garage_door_1_open

This is the HACS integration I have loaded…

I’m stuck wondering what I’m doing wrong, and hoped that someone would see this and tell me the stupid thing is…?

Thanks in advance

Try to use:

- service: notify.alexa_media

So I made the change suggested and when I say “Alexa, open custom actions”, it recognizes the Garage Door 1 was open and asked if I wanted to close it and it ran fine.

I changed the time to 9:05pm to test the run. When it came time to run the automation a few minutes later, the scripts ran, but she didn’t ask to run at the designated time slot. Here’s the log copy…

2020-08-17 22:30:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script.activate_alexa_actionable_notification] activate_alexa_actionable_notification: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 2: Unable to find service notify/alexa_media
2020-08-17 22:30:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.garage_door_2_open] Garage_Door_2_Open: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service notify/alexa_media
2020-08-17 22:30:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.garage_door_2_open] While executing automation automation.garage_door_2_open

Now that I’m home from work, I’m trying to dissect it this evening.

I see this post is old, but I too am experiencing the same issue where asking Alexa to open “custom actions” works flawlessly, but when you set your automation and it is triggered, nothing comes out of my Echo devices (I’ve tried 3 different devices; Echo Show 5, Echo Dot 2 and 3 gens)

This is where the automation trace shows that it is waiting for my reply but it hasn’t said anything out of my echo device:

@keatontaylor I don’t see this issue reported on your Github, so was wondering if you had any ideas?

Thanks.

Resolved my issue by reloading Alexa Media Player from the Integrations screen. Then recreating the Alexa Actionable Notification skill by following the below video guide:

Hope this helps anyone else that happens across this post.