Control air conditioner based on temperature, windows closed and solar production

Hi

I have already configured solar integration (Envoy) and linked it to Air Conditioner (Mitsubishi MEL Cloud) so during winter I was able to start AC in heat mode when I had enough solar production with some basic automations.

Now I want to control:

• Temperature and humidity on several rooms (at least 4).
  • Whether windows are closed or not. This will require at least 8 sensors.
  • Solar production.
  • External temperature or temperature prediction.
    before to automatically trigger AC.

I have bought 4 Xiaomi BLE Temperature and Humidity sensors (LYWSD03MMC), but I’m not sure if these should connect directly to Home Assistant or if a Xiaomi Aquara HUB is required. I’m worried about distance plus walls of far away sensors.

To control closed windows there is a Xiaomi device that looks fine, but I’d like to be sure about Xiaomi Aquara HUB before going forward.

Home Assistant is installed on a RaspberryPi3, in case this matters.

I’ve already googled for any somewhat explanatory article describing how to do this, but I’ve found several references to ESP32 that look too difficult at the moment.

So I’m on an initial stage, looking for HW. Next will be automation code.

Thank you for your help, or at least for reading…

Hello,

The hub is not required if you have already an esp32 or bluetooth on your Pi.
Lywsd03mmc is now pretty integrated with all the esp32 firmwares and have several hass addons that read it.
If you prefer going the addon route I know that ble monitor supports it and Theengs gateway.
I can help you with Theengs or you can find threads about ble monitor.

Hello,

I’ve been able to configure them using ble monitor directly connected via Bluetooth to the RaspberryPi3. Now I know that Bluetooth Low Emission is able to communicate from all rooms to my RaspberryPi3. Thank you.

I have also been able to add them to my Grafana dashboard.

Next: I’ll get some devices to check whether windows are open or closed, like MCCGQ02HL.

1 Like

Did you continue your project? I would be interested in the automation as this is pretty much my use case…

Yes. I’ve built several automations based on temperature states. Are you still interested?

Sorry for the late response. Yeah I would!