Control TV from Pioneer VSX932 receiver via HDMI CEC?

Hello,
I’m just getting started with HA on my RP3b+ using the hassbian install (?)
I have managed to set up HA so that i can control my receiver ON/OFF via automation when the connected chromecast enters “playing”-state and set the correct input and volume.

The next step now is to be able to turn ON/OFF TV.

The TV is a non-smart 60" plasma LG, it has HDMI CEC or “Simplink” as LG calls it, but so far I have not been able to figure out how to control this.
Hopefully someone has some tips on how to accomplish this. Alternatively I will have to try and get the GlobalCache IR blaster to work with HA, but I want to avoid too much complications if not neccesary.

Did you managed it to work this out ?

No I didn’t.
After writing this post I learned that the Chromecast has HDMI CEC capabilities and shoul be able to turn TV ON/OFF and set the correct input. However I could not get this working.
Thinking maybe the CEC was blocked somehow in the receiver I tried connecting the CC directly to the TV.
I could get the CC to turn the TV on (via the recently aquired Google Home Mini and the command “Turn the livingroom TV on”, but that is all. I was not able to make it turn off.
I’m suspecting that LG is a bit incompatible and only supports “Simplink”-devices (other LG-products)

Also, by enabling Simplink on the TV and CEC on the receiver things are not controlled in a logical or at least desired way:

• Turning the TV off also turns the receiver off.
  • Turning the receiver on also turns on the TV
  • The TV will also turn on when the receiver is off

At this point i find the whole Simplink/CEC function to be too “basic” and/or unpredictable to my use and I want to control both the receiver and TV independently.

The receiver can be controlled via IP. I can turn it on/off and switch inputs, but the volume setting is not working. The receiver does not have 0-1 volume level setting, it seems to have 0-1,3, which Home Assistant can’t deal with and it will not handle receiving a command that does not exactly match the receivers volume levels (i believe 0.3db steps)
When using the internal Chromecast Audio the 0-1 volume setting works from Home Assistant via media_player.“internal chromecast device”

I have just read that the Raspberry has HDMI CEC…considering to do a test with the Pi connected to the unused HDMI of the TV.
Hoping that it can give me independent control of the TV and receiver as I want to make automations/rule in Home Assistant that decide if the TV should be on or not based on what content/service is beeing streamed to what device.
Chromecast Ultra/Chromecast audio (in the receiver) and if the source is Spotify/Google Music etc and content type is music or for example tv-show.

Of course any tips or ideas would be deeply appreciated as I’m venturing into nknown territory :slight_smile: