Could I move Group views up to the same line of Home Assistant headling

Could I move Group views (texts or Icons) up to the same line of Home Assistant heading to maximize the space in Front End. I saw the configuration examples of brusc and GreenTurtwig that could hide the Home Assistant heading from the Front End, even though they have more than one group view. But for me, I would like to move my Group views to the same line and locate after the Home Assistant heading. So that I could have bigger area for my switches. Is it possible? Thank you very much.

If you add the parameter view: yes to your config for the groups it should add them to the top bar. Have a look at the example component and you will see what i mean.

I would also love to know how to remove the “Home Assistant” text on the top of the screen. Together with the empty line below it takes quite a lot of real estate.

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion and comment. I would try as Naylorweb suggested. Thanks a lot.

I have changed all group options, view: yes . But all the group view texts still do not go up to the top line. Any more suggestions, please. Thank you.

It may help to think about groups and views as two separate entities under the group component. I make groups for things I want automations to trigger together and groups for things I want on the same card within a view. Then ‘make a view’ and add the groups below it.

have mine split under two headings:

####################################################
#                                                  #
#                     VIEWS                        #
group:
  Automations:
   view: yes
   entities:
     - group.automations_for_lights
     - group.other_automations

#                  GROUPING                        #

Automations For Lights:
    - automation.turn_off_outside_lights
    - automation.turn_on_outside_lights

Other Automations:
    - automation.low_battery_adams_phone
    - automation.backup_ha_configuration_files__nightly
    - script.backup

I think you guys are missing what the OP is actually asking about. He wants to remove the Home Assistant title as shown below and have his group views move up into that space.

If you go to Ben’s config example you can see this in the images.

(I’d kinda like to know this myself as I looked over his and the other example in the OP and couldn’t find anything that stood out in their configs.)

Thanks to you, silvrr and thanks to you, rpitera. I would like all my group title texts to move up to the top line or the same line with the Home Assistant heading, It does not matter whether to remove the Home Assistant heading or not. But I need to increase the space for my switches. Thanks a lot to you all.

Bump. Can anyone help with this? I would also like to reclaim the real estate taken up by that line in the blue header to make more room for switches. I’ve seen it done in multiple screenshots, but can’t figure out how they accomplished it.

Probably old screenshots

Actually I don’t think this is the case, I think it’s just that the screen shots were taken when the main panel window was scrolled down to show the rest of the cards. When you do this, the upper panel or header shrinks to the view that everyone is looking for.

This would make sense as someone taking a screen shot to show off their config would want to show as many of the cards as possible, so they would scroll the main panel to reveal them.

Apparently I’m 17 days behind on this one :slight_smile:

Is there any new development on this?

I’d like to save some space, too…