Crash after upgrading to 103.0

HA crashes last night after upgrading to 103.0. updated also SSH to 7.1. Rebooted, after update, was running OK. But this morning when I clicked on the minimote to open blind, nothing happens. Tried to open interface in browser, error ip not available. With Fing tool could see that HASSIO was reachable in my network. Just did a dirty unplugg and it rebooted. Now it’s ok. I tried to look at the logs but logs starts at last reboot time, so no history. How can I help developers to provide the right informations ? No logs before crash are available?
I’m running duckdns, appdaemon, moskitto broker, SSH, check Home Assistant configuration, Google Drive backup, Configurator

Look at the logs before you restart… Set up samba so you always have access to the folder structure to view logs. Or use SSH to view logs. If you’re running hassio, all these items are separate containers. So if Home Assistant crashes, you’ll still have access to all the other add-ons.

thanks, will do this next time.

I have Also crashes on my home assistent install. (Latest version)
Because of advice here i have removed some add-ons which are system consuming like Unify but is still have the crashes everyday, although it is lees frequent. If it crashes, i can’t access my home assistent, also not Samba and Putty. What can i do to solve this and where can i find a crash log after reboot? Thanks for the advice.

Hi,

Did you get a solution to this?? I have had this issue for months and cannot fix

Hi Chris,

Did you get a solution to this - I have had daily crash for months and Im struggling to find the issue

Hi David, this is more than one year! Open a new topic and specify your config. The first thing you can do is restore a valid backup.