Creating a local addon

Hi all

I’m trying to create my first addon, i’m going with the local addon route for now. I’ve looked at the documentation and done the basic hello world tutorial which works. I want to now try and use a specific component someone wrote as a docker container and wrap it in my custom addon. I cant install it as a stand alone docker container because from what i understand, this is not possible in home assistant OS and all docker containers / images need to be installed through an addon.

I dont get very far once i start trying to include the docker image, hoping someone could pleae help steer me.

this is the docker hub image i want to use : Docker Hub

this is my /addon/voltronic/config.yaml file

name: "Hello world"
description: "My first real add-on!"
version: "1.0.0"
slug: "hello_world"
init: false
arch:
  - aarch64
  - amd64
  - armhf
  - armv7
  - i386
image: "bushrangers/ha-voltronic-mqtt"

this is the error i get when i try and install the addon:

Can't install bushrangers/ha-voltronic-mqtt:1.0.0: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=1.0.0&fromImage=bushrangers%2Fha-voltronic-mqtt&platform=linux%2Farm64: Not Found ("manifest for bushrangers/ha-voltronic-mqtt:1.0.0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown")

cannot believe how difficult this is, can i pay someone to turn a docker image into an addon to me ?

Hi Richard,

I’m not really sure of what you’re trying to achieve here.

In any case, if you like to use another image for your addon, you should specify it in the FROM field of your Dockerfile.