Custom component: Horizon EOS Settopbox (Arris DCX960) - Not functional anymore!

Hi, welcome rrw! Please can you provide me all urls? Look here for the Belgium equivalent: arris_dcx960-python/const.py at 222efa099b75c671ff38ca5f4fccee033d8348c1 · Sholofly/arris_dcx960-python · GitHub

Please let me know if you can’t find it.

Hi

Webapi URL = web-api-preprod-obo.horizon.tv/oesp/v4/GB/eng/web/
Personalisation preprod.spark.virginmedia.com/eng/web/personalization-service/v1/customer/{household_id}/devices

I do not believe pre-prod uses oAuth

Thanks

PS: mqtt = obomsg.preprod.gb.horizon.tv/mqtt

(system did not let me put all three in one post)

Hi m8, If you update the HACS component, you’re able to select the preprod option for GB. Please let me know if it works well for you.

Works perfectly thanks, although I have only had time to test basic control. I will try some automations later.

FYI Integration will also control the Mini box which is in test in UK (the one already live in Poland)

What’s a mini box? What brand/model? Or is that the Arris?

Liberty use several different box manufacturers & variants (i.e. some of the UK boxes have hard drives instead of nPVR), but all the recent “Horizon” models run the same software and use the same backend API’s to control them regardless of hardware.

Some info on the Mini box: The Mini TV Box - our smallest, greenest set-top-box - Liberty Global

Thank you for this amazing work, this works really well on my Ziggo Next box.

Not sure if this was mentioned before or in the previous component, but if you dont want to use high-energy mode but do want to switch it on, you can power cycle the box for a second and after 1:45 minute you can send the power-on command.

Not very quick but fine for morning routines while keeping it cheap I mean eco :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thanks m8!

This is what happens when I do a configuration
checke

Integration error: service_data - Integration ‘service_data’ not found.
Integration error: service - Integration ‘service’ not found.

please help

Hi @CornelisNL can you share your related configuration?

is there a way to create a script to play recordings?

You can use the media library to select a recording. For now there’s no way to start a specific recording manually. Problem is that you need the unique id of the recording to play. How do you imagine this script to work exactly?

Maybe it would help to be able to create a button that would immediately open the device’s recordings library.

Eg:
I have recreated the remote using the “remote key press” & “media.play” as shortcuts to get to the channels quicky.
A seperate button to open the recordings would be a nice addition to that.

also;
Thank you for this amazing project!
:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Unfortunately, there’s no command on the box to do that. You can create a script that use key presses to navigate to that menu…

Wilco, thanks!

1 Like

Hi, did you find a way to get to the recordings?

I created a remote control in HA and a button to get to the recordings would be great :slight_smile:

Hi @masterfixedit, Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to access the recordings with one command. You should implement a script that executes button presses subsequently to reach your goal.

What i really want is to add a button on my HA remote control that opens the Browse media part. The same as you press the Browse media button on the entity:

I would love that too. Technically it’s not a task for the component but for the media_player. Maybe it’s possible to execute some script in a button? I will take a look soon…