HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Personally I would not use this due to the philosophical reason of it being closed source. If it were Open Source with a paid version on Google Play I would consider it, depending on price. Even if it were FOSS I think $10-$15 per device is to expensive, especially if you want to deploy to multiple devices.

Good Luck anyway.

1 Like

I was one of the original people who said they would be interested and signed up to the G+ group to wait for the beta announcement. But that was months ago and the only posts I get are from people using the other products for other platforms.

The price isn’t prohibitive to someone who wants a point and click method of creating a dashboard. HADashboard v1 was great, but was very difficult to setup, layout and forget about styling.

Now that HADashboard v2 is on the way, none of those conditions are valid anymore for me. In pre-beta. v2 is solid, faster, easier to layout and works off of AppDaemon. And it’s designed with skinning in mind, in fact it will come with two or three skins in the public beta, something I am contributing myself.

Given this situation, I’m going to be leaving the G+ group for Rotini. It just hasn’t materialized - even as an alpha - and Dash v2 went from concept to pre-beta in about a week to ten days. And of course, it’s FOSS so it’s free of charge to use and is designed for use with HA instead of merely supporting it.

I tried to give this a chance, but I can’t see any compelling reason to look into it any further myself.

3 Likes

Well. I am also registered in beta but no news. I will head over to the HADASHBOARD2. Bye Rotini.

Guess I missed the developments around haDashboard v2!

@rpitera/@thundergreen The app is still in development, so no news is mainly because nothing to update on. Granted, it is behind schedule to release. Hopefully, you still check it out when it’s released.

Then can you please set up an alternate mailing list? I’ll consider checking it out but getting notifications that don’t concern my interests at all is one of the reasons I want to leave the G+ group.

If you do this, I’ll check it out when you’re done even though I think I’ll be using HADash v2 instead. I’ll still give it a fair shake.

But I’m really not interested in getting support posts for a product I have nothing to do with and aren’t able to use yet.

@rpitera i tottallyagree. each time I see an email with the subject: Project Rotini I think now there’s a release to test.

Well. I give it a chance but I’m not reeaaally positive… we will hopefully be convinced from the opposite…

1 Like

@rpitera/@thundergreen Well, didn’t think those emails would be a big issue, but totally get it :slight_smile:
If you just stay subscribed to this topic, I will post updates here.

1 Like

@igorz That’s ok. Don’t get us wrong but we are waiting. But other devs are very fast in inventing something new. Hadashboard will com in v2 soon. So it could only be good for you to release :slight_smile:

Thanks. I felt the same way as @thundergreen and I think it’s a big part of why they became such a bother.

Sort of like waiting for shipping news on a Kickstarter and getting updates that say nothing about a ship date. LOL

I’m working on skinning right now. It’ll be worth the wait though.

@rpitera I am waiting :slight_smile: qould u mind sending preview ? :slight_smile:

It’s going to be another week and I think it might be bad form if I was to do so. Sorry, but if @aimc sees this and says it’s ok, then I’ll post the two I’m working on later once I finish updating them for the recent changes.

I feel lucky to be included on the pre-beta team (there’s just three of us) and I don’t want to do anything that would betray that trust.

I’m fine with it Rob - go on, show us what you have been working on :slight_smile:

EDIT: Out of politeness to the OP, can you put them on the HADashboard thread? This is about his dashbaord not mine.

2 Likes

After that last push, I need to redo the variables :sweat_smile: but after that I will put it in the announcement post.

2 Likes

I just wish there was some way to thank or help the developer of this. I feel like a parasite!

Real developers are like artists, there is no bigger reward then the love from people for the work thats done.

2 Likes

Well I’d still like a way to send and show a little bit of that love in a way that doesn’t break any laws or result in a restraining order.

2 Likes

Use it. Test it. Break it. Improve it.

That’s the best way to thank Andrew and Rene for the work they put into it.

1 Like

Any news here? Dashboard v2 Beta runs records and people invent lot of stuff. Wondering if Rotini is still 8n place?