Dasshio - Amazon Dash Buttons Hass.io add-on

I was trying to use it today for the first time and I think I’m having the same issue. I’ve gone through a ton of trouble shooting and it has to be this. Have you found a way to fix it?

@wshankles

@danimtb has said he/she will try to do so. Give him/her a few days (at least :slight_smile:)

Gotcha. Didn’t see that. Thanks!

I’m also seeing the exact same issue on my end here. Love the addon and hope to see its return shortly!

Installed it for the first time but its not startig and i’m still on ResinOS

Love this add-on @danimtb, it’s my favorite, thanks for putting in the time to make it awesome for everyone.

I too just did a fresh rebuild of my system after a meltdown over the weekend (still using ResinOS with the rebuilt system though, figured I’d wait a little while before trying the new HassOS) and I can’t get the add-on to start. I’m wondering if I restored it in the wrong order? (i.e. was I supposed to install the add-on first then restore it? Because I just straight up tried to restore the add-on after I got my rebuilt system running). Or maybe it’s something else?

1 Like

I am also in the same situation and trying to come up with a fix for all of you. Hope to have it fixed soon.

2 Likes

As you can see it’s a global problem but, as an aside, if you did a full restore it overwrites everything so you don’t need to do anymore than flash a fresh install and get the old snapshot into it’s folder by whatever means you fancy to get back to where you were before.

1 Like

Interested in this too as I fancy trying to integrate a few buttons into my home system.

I’m currently running .73.1 of hassio and I’m having the same issue whereby I can’t start the add-on.

Looking forward to seeing an update!! :slight_smile:

I guess this is an ongoing issue.

This is my traceback:

2018-07-18 18:23:24,251 | INFO | Reading config file: /data/options.json
2018-07-18 18:23:24,252 | INFO | Starting sniffing…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/dasshio.py”, line 27, in arp_display
mac = pkt[ARP].hwsrc.lower()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/packet.py”, line 966, in getitem
raise IndexError(“Layer [%s] not found” % lname)
IndexError: Layer [ARP] not found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/dasshio.py”, line 149, in
count=0)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/sendrecv.py”, line 783, in sniff
if stop_filter and stop_filter§:
File “/dasshio.py”, line 29, in arp_display
mac = pkt[Ether].src.lower()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/packet.py”, line 966, in getitem
raise IndexError(“Layer [%s] not found” % lname)
IndexError: Layer [Ether] not found

seems as if the dasshio plugin is having issues with arp requests.

I updated dasshio to the version @danimtb put out yesterday and it wouldn’t start under the resinOS version of hassio. Updated to hassOS this morning and it started straight up and is working like a champ again :+1:

2 Likes

Just started using it yesterday after getting a Dash on Prime day. It wouldn’t startup before the update but works a treat now :smiley:

Is it really working? I was a bit frustrated as I didn’t know what was happening.

Could you please tell the dasshio version, hassOS version and Hass.io supervisor version?

Wow! It worked indeed:

HassOS version: 1.7
dasshio version: 2.1
Hass.io Supervisor version: 115

Thanks a lot for reporting @Bobby_Nobble!!

Will update Dasshio to new version to avoid issues with the old one. Stay tuned for 0.3.0!!

1 Like

Why would I lie?

2018-07-18 16:57:34,926 | INFO | Ariel button pressed!
2018-07-18 16:57:34,927 | INFO | Request: http://hassio/homeassistant/api/services/light/toggle
2018-07-18 16:57:36,028 | INFO | Status Code: 200
2018-07-18 16:57:36,029 | INFO | Successful request
2018-07-18 16:57:36,087 | INFO | Packet captured, waiting 20s ...
2018-07-18 16:57:56,090 | INFO | Starting sniffing...

Everything up to date - dasshio 0.2.1, hassOS 1.7 and Hass.io supervisor 115

1 Like

I should buy you a beer/coffee hahaha. Thanks again! :smile:

More than welcome :rofl:

1 Like

I’m happy to see this thread as I have been migrating my Hassio from a Rpi to Hassio on Ubuntu over the last couple of days. It all went fine other than dasshio. So yesterday I installed HassOS Hassio on my pi and had no luck there either. I thought this was just a problem for me!

Today all is happily working on my Ubuntu install, so thanks @danimtb for the update.

If it helps anyone I am on:

Hassio supervisor 115
Ubuntu server 18.04
Dasshio 0.2.1

2 Likes

@Bobby_Nobble Regarding assigning an IP to the MAC - how exactly does this work??

I have a button working, but it takes about 3 seconds for a single (Hue) light to then come on - is there a way to speed this up?

I have an Asus router and the button only appears temporarily in the client status list which for one makes it very difficult to administer!

Thank you @danimtb

Just for the record for anyone else coming along, upgrading didn’t work for me (even with a restart). I had to uninstall and then reinstall the add-on. Don’t forget to copy the config first so you can paste it back in after the install!

But all seems to be working now so I am (and maybe more importantly my wife is) happy!!

Thanks again.

2 Likes