deCONZ migration from Supervisor to "dedicated" machine

Like most people I started with HassOS and Supervisor to build my smart home. Very soon I realized what a bad idea that was performance wise and availability wise because of using a SD card, so I migrated most supervisor managed services to my x86 server. I even migrated the integrated SQLite database to an MySQL database running on that server. Neverthless, the SD card is still wearing I’d like to move my whole Home Assistant installation to that server. But: There’s one thing left: deCONZ. While I assume, migrating deCONZ itself to another machine is quite straight forward what about the integration in Home Assistant?

How to change the URL to deCONZ? In the integrations section I don’t see any option to set the URL to deCONZ. So I assume the old integration has to be deleted and a new integration be added? On the other hand, in the integrations section I see the device ID of the Conbee Stick, so is this all based on mDNS or some other autodiscovery protocol and all that has to be done is physically move the stick to the new host?

This is probably the easiest approach.

1 Like

This is probably the easiest approach.

Well… No. This would mean all entities, automations, dashboards etc. will be broken. This would be close to a complete re-setup of Homeassistant from scratch.

I changed the names of the entities in Phoscon. When I remove the integration and add it again I don’t need to change anything at all as the entity_ids generated by Home Assistant will be the same as the last time.
Dashboards will continue to work once the entity_ids are the same as before and the same goes for automations (except if you set them up as device automations, but then there’s probably no way around reconfiguring your automations)

1 Like