DeCONZ, ZHA and Zigbee components and compatible hardware

Where is the example?

Component documentation

Hi, not sure if this was asked.

I got a Conbee and I start to like it, especially the fast response (faster then original gateway), so I am tempted to remove my hue bridge and 2 Xiaomi gateway, also to free bandwidth to the WiFi and have an overall more efficient system.

If I get a second Conbee will it eventually mesh with the first (ie using only ONE Zigbee channel for both) or not?

PS my house is on multiple floors and not sure the 2 floor will mesh, but could be, so need to check my options

Those will not mesh together no. If you have lamps and power plugs they would extend the mesh so shouldn’t be an issue. Unless you have 2m concrete between floors :slight_smile:. Se it as an opportunity to expand your mesh with more devices.

Also the component itself only supports one connection with deconz right now. Although that will change in the future.

Have tried it but failed, most probably because in the floor that I want to expand the, Conbee, mesh its full of WiFi (mine and neighbours), the 2 Xiaomi gateway (30 devices each) and the Hue bridge (20 devices).

I could NOT add the device easily to the Conbee (it took hours and hjours) and also start having problems with Hue and Xiaomi!!! I guess I am at saturation point, lol.

I know I should shut down Hue and Xiaomi and slowly add one item (bulb or switch) that add the mesh between the floors, and then add all devices to the Conbee mesh.

Problem is i need all family to go in vacation while I experiment :smiley:

Did you abandon the Hue bridge /app (and/or Xiaomi app) entirely? You miss them for something?

BTW at the supported devices I do not find Hue lights, are those not supported??

All hue lights are supported, I’m running 30+ hue lights and various sensors from different manufacturers.

To improve the ether you should try to look at what channels are being used in your vicinity and space them out together with choosing a channel for deconz that isn’t overlapping. That way you might get less interference.

You can just move one light at a time, or one room at a time. You don’t have to take down the whole hub to start migrating.

Yeah I tried to include one hue bulb before but was very slow and problematic when the stick was near other zigbee/wifi
As soon as I moved the stick on other floor adding devices was very fast, so I am pretty sure is interference from WiFi or other Zigbee.

Not sure will help do a device at a time, since the other mesh will be there until the gateway is there, I think.

Need to try

I have a device outside of my house and the conbee stick is in the basement. When I started, the device was reachable because it was too far from the hub.
I added a osram smart plug in between and now the device is reachable.
So between your floors you need something that will extend your network (like a bulb or a switch).

Any idea why I cant access the web UI phoscon after latest update? Running 2.05.55 on a Hassio rpi.

In my browser I get “192.168.0.XX (my hassio pi IP) rejected the connection”

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

192.168.0.XX:80 will work.

https://github.com/marthoc/hassio-addons/issues/64

This time it worked, one Xiaomi gateway is now offline, and I added a couple of Hue lights! Just one Xiaomi door sensor (old type) and one Chinese Lamp (which was easy to add in Hue bridge) are not there yet

1 Like

Hurray! I took out the Hue bridge entirely … was relatively fast, only annoyance was to rename all the entities (I could not called them with the previous entity_id assigned after pairing initially with the hue bridge).

ALso the chinese bulb paired correctly. Funny the only device that did not pair, coming from the hue bridge) is a dresden elektronic led driver (fl-ps or something), weird.

In the following days will shut down the last xiaomi gateway, and I will have just one big zigbee mesh, cool

EDIT: still having problems with Mi door sensor (first version, before Aqara), they appear in the nodes but does not connect with other node (not present in phoscon app)

1 Like

Now need to setup the Hue dimmer with deconz, any hint?

Which are the events for On, Up, Down, Off (and multiple presses)?

You can translate all events from this method https://github.com/Kane610/appdaemon-apps/blob/336eeceaa87eea0d567b33ceaf60b704f3c61042/remote_control.py#L80

E.g. button 1 click = 1000, button 1 release = 1002, button 1 long press = 1001, button 1 long press release = 1003

1 Like

Great, do you have one? Or what do you use for dimming and scene change (concentrate, bright, dimmed, coloured and so on)?
Which is the best “switch” in your opinion

I managed to get it work using the HA official documentation, but its bad experience (dim up and down is terrible, and there is no double press).

I have zero experience in appdaemon, if not too complicated I can add it in my settings

I’m using the appdaemon I linked. It’s not complete yet. But it supports configuring what to do on single and multiclick and hold.

Remotes I like Hue dimmer and Ikea remote. For different use cases. Ikea for example I use to select different lights to control with the arrows

Hue dimmer has multiple click with this appdaemon?

I remember a custom component but was for use with the Hue hub I think.

How is the fade in and fade out? With the Hue was nice and smooth with the instructions from deconz HASS component it’s terrible

Yes, its just a counter so every click increments. You use a dictionary where you specify a list of entities per step that should be controlled

Ok thanks a lot.
I have appdaemon up and running but no apps yet. Hope I don’t need to study too much for just a dimmer, lol.

Its just a matter of changing the below fields, put the app in appropriate directory and that’s it?

remote_control_living_room:
module: remote_control
class: HueDimmer
remotes:
- dimmer_switch_5 <======== this deconz id
long_press:
1:
- light.ambience_spot_1 <======== this HA entity_id