Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) Weather Warnings - renamed entity ids after HA update

Hi!

I use the Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) Weather Warnings (see Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) Weather Warnings - Home Assistant)

I integrated two entities via the region code, and my entities were named by these codes:

grafik

The sensor names were like this one:

sensor.dwd_weather_warnings_114713000_aktuelle_warnstufe

Today I updated to Home Assistant 2024.07 and after the update my DWD markdown card no longer work. I have checked the errors and the names of the entities:

grafik

What has happened here? Is it something that came from older changes (and was eventually changed with the restart of HA Update) or something that was triggered by the update itself?

I changed my Markdown cards to update to the new entity names, but I’m wondering why this happened and how to avoid these entity name changes in the future?

1 Like

This is a not very useful change, at least not in the way it was done… :frowning:

It should have been marked as a breaking change, as things got changed without the user knowing or interacting. And it should have taken into account, that the new system for naming the entities is now in German, not in English…

Tbh I personally think, this is one of the very few changes, that are not handled correctly.

1 Like

With the help of some very nice and understanding people (thx @petro and @Mariusthvdb), I’ve been made aware, that this is more likely to be a bug, than a not noted breaking change, an accidental breaking change if you will, that shouldn’t have happened!

I will investigate that further, and if necessary open an issue at Github. But first I need to finish changing all my markdown cards and template… :joy:

Hi can you explain how do you solve this issue ?

For now you need to change the entity_ids in automations, dashboards and wherever you used them.

In my case, the entity_id was
sensor.dwd_weather_warnings_warnwetter_advance_warning_level
before the update,

now it is
sensor.deine_stadt_vorwarnstufe.

You need to change these according to your setup. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi paddy0174,

the solution was so simple that you can only be ashamed :slight_smile:

Thanks, now it works again.

1 Like