Developer Advocate / Developer Evangelist

Nabu Casa should consider adding a (or another) developer evangelist/dev support person to their staff.

As the Home Assistant ecosystem continues to grow, more and more people are looking to contribute to the platform by building integrations, add-ons, and other tools. However, many people get stuck or frustrated in the process, and it can be difficult to get help or guidance from the community.

By adding a dedicated developer advocate / evangelist or dev support person to the team, Home Assistant/Nabu Casa could help to address these issues by providing guidance, answering questions, and reviewing code submissions. This would not only benefit existing contributors, but could also attract new developers to the platform, ultimately leading to a stronger and more engaged community.

Furthermore, a developer evangelist/dev support person could help to promote the Home Assistant ecosystem and increase the reach of the platform. By attracting more users and subscribers to Nabu Casa’s Cloud service, this role could become self-funding, ultimately leading to a virtuous cycle of growth and revenue generation.

Adding a developer evangelist/dev support person to the team could be a wise investment for Home Assistant/Nabu Casa, and I hope that others in the community will join me in supporting this request.

Thank you for your consideration!

P.s. To be clear I do not have the necessary skills to apply but there are many here who do.