DHT11 only reports once on esphome then failes

I have an odd issue trying to use a DHT11 on ESPhome seting up a new Device (sonoff 4ch R2)
on boot it will reed the DHT11 the first time fine and report the Temp/humidity

but then all i can get is
Requesting data from DHT failed!
Invalid readings! Please check your wiring (pull-up resistor, pin number)
NaN

and i dont get why as im using the exact same code i use elsewhere thats worked fine for months
current Setup is

DHT11 connected to TX pin ( Same as other working Device, Sonoff Duel R2)
i have tried with and without the model specified and set model to auto_detect which it finds as DHT11
but every time i only get the first result then nothing

i also have a Dallas temp sensor (outside temp Garden ) that is working fine connected to RX (same as i do with the Dual)

originally just data pin / power connected on its own but also tried with 4k7 pullup resistor no differnace
just on test bed at min so short wires

every time i get the first reading fine then nothing / NaN

esphome:
  name: bedroom2
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: "WiFi SID"
  password: "Pass"

manual_ip:
    static_ip: 10.x.x.x
    gateway: 10.x.x.x
    subnet: 255.255.255.0

ap:
    ssid: "BR2-HS"

captive_portal:

logger:
  baud_rate: 0

api:

ota:

dallas:
  - pin: RX
    update_interval: 30s

sensor:
  - platform: dht
    pin: TX
    model: DHT11
    temperature:
      name: "Bedroom2 Temperature"
      id: BR2Temp  
      unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    humidity:
      name: "Bedroom2 Humidity"  
      unit_of_measurement: '%Humidity'
      id: BR2Hum
    update_interval: 30s

Logs

[17:16:26][D][dht:048]: Got Temperature=30.8°C Humidity=29.0%
[17:16:26][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 Temperature': Sending state 30.80000 °C with 1 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:26][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 Humidity': Sending state 29.00000 %Humidity with 0 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:27][D][dallas.sensor:153]: 'Outside Temp Garden': Got Temperature=24.5°C
[17:16:27][D][sensor:099]: 'Outside Temp Garden': Sending state 24.50000 °C with 1 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:37][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 WiFi signal': Sending state -63.00000 dB with 0 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:56][W][dht:162]: Requesting data from DHT failed!
[17:16:56][W][dht:060]: Invalid readings! Please check your wiring (pull-up resistor, pin number).
[17:16:56][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 Temperature': Sending state nan °C with 1 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:56][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 Humidity': Sending state nan %Humidity with 0 decimals of accuracy
[17:16:57][D][dallas.sensor:153]: 'Outside Temp Garden': Got Temperature=24.5°C
[17:16:57][D][sensor:099]: 'Outside Temp Garden': Sending state 24.50000 °C with 1 decimals of accuracy
[17:17:07][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 WiFi signal': Sending state -64.00000 dB with 0 decimals of accuracy
[17:17:19][D][sensor:099]: 'Bedroom2 UpTime': Sending state 78.73400 s with 0 decimals of accuracy

I don’t think you need the dallas entry for the dht11. Try removing that and the update_interval and moving your pin down to the sensor section.

EDIT: Sorry, completely missed that you are using both the dallas the the dht11 until I re-read your post. Please disregard.

4.6k ohm resistor connected and everything is working

Yeah Tried all i can think of like that
Also Tried GPIO2,RX pins
2 seperate 4ch Boards
3 seperate DHT11
i get the same results first reading comes in fine then cant talk
both with and without the resistor in each config ( exising Sonoff Dual setup Doesn’t have the resistor)

only difference is when i configure it for GPIO2 the OTA update failes (with or without the DHT connected)
flash over Serial and it uploads but dont get any readings from the DHT at all

all im really trying to do is repeate what i have on the Sonoff Dual (2 Relay board )
on to a sonoff 4CH (4 relay board) just for extra switching
iv had the Sonoff dual running the same code and wiring for months just trying to basically upgrade it!

iv tried changing the update interval between 5s~60s

the pin setting is in the sensor section for the DHT (TX)
its only the dallas sensor that the pin (RX) setting is else where as per all the examples iv seen

im more confused with it giving me the first result then nothing!

SOLVED!

If i hadn’t of tested it there wouldn’t have bean a problem !
the amount of times testing causes me problems you would have thought i would have given up by now !

The issue was the power supply after flashing i was still using the USB programmer to power it for safer testing, which works fine for everything else but not this

connected it the mains and it reads fine !