Dimmable Zigbee LED driver with physical switch input

Hello all,

For most of the room lights I’ve used the zb-mini modules which allow you to connect the existing light switch to them. This allows me to keep the HA principle of physical interaction and working when HA is offline:

“If you find that using your new home devices is cumbersome, the promise of home automation technology has failed you. Your lights should work with both a switch (or button) at the entrance of your room and via presence detection.” - Perfect Home Automation - Home Assistant

For the bathroom I am installing LED lights. Originally I was going to use a standard LED driver with the ZB-MINI, but I want to be able to have the lights come on very dim at night time if one of us gets up in the night.

I can find Zigbee LED drivers that are dimmable, but can’t seem to find one that allows me to connect a normal wall switch to it to turn the lights on/off.

Anyone know of a device that does this, or is there an alternative that I’ve not thought of here?

1 Like

I’ve been looking for such a module for some months now as well

I saw one briefly on AliExpress, but it was out of stock and more research just revealed the model to be discontinued. It even had RGBW.

Tried to think of a combo between a regular/smart power supply, smart dimmer, smart relay and regular switch. Any combo means that the physical switch will always power off completely some ZigBee controlled device or provide power to the lights without the ZigBee controlled device being able to turn it off (only on).

I have a MoesGo ZigBee 2gang dimmer unit. Allows for manual override with a switch. (UK). Currently out of stock on Amazon.

Maybe OP meant an AC dimmer, but I was referring to a DC LED driver and controller.

I use and AC dimmer, but in my country the 27k color dimmable AC LEDs can only go down to about 40% brightness level before they start flickering.
I would also like to use round flat diffusers for LED strips and dim those.

I did solve this eventually - write up in this post: