Dimming Duration -> Map to transition time?

Hi,
I have a number of Honeywell ZW3010 in wall dimmer switches. The issue is that I can’t get them to transition smoothly (fade up or fade down). I just migrated over from hubitat and I’m sure that functionality works with these devices. If I set the config to the device to change the dimmer duration to 2 seconds, that works just fine for exactly one cycle. Then it appears HA overwrites that 2 with a zero. If I set transition time to 2 in the light.turn_on service, it seems to have no effect. It appears the transition time isn’t mapped over correctly to the dimming duration parameter of the switch. How would I go about adjusting that mapping? I’m using zwave2mqtt by the way.

Here is a sample automation:

- alias: Test on

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.test_bit
      to:  'on'

action:
    - service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: 
        - light.livingroom_dimmer
      data:
        transition: 2
        brightness_pct: 50

- alias: Test off

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.test_bit
      to:  'off'

action:
    - service: light.turn_off
      entity_id: 
        - light.livingroom_dimmer
      # data:
      #   transition: 2
      #   brightness_pct: 0

I am having the same exact issue as you. I have the same exact dimmers as you, as well as some Zooz dimmers that have the “Dimming Duration” key. I am using zwave2mqtt as well. I really like this setup, but I cannot figure out how to get the “Dimming Duration” to map over to the transition property. I am using Node Red and having no luck with that either.

I have a ZEN27 Dimmer and every time I try to adjust the dimming level in HA, OpenZWave starts spamming messages about the dimming value and dimming duration several times per second. I have to restart the addon to get it to stop the endless loop. I’m running HA 0.117 on Zooz firmware 3.01.

Hoping someone can chime in with any help?