Dimming Duration -> Map to transition time?

Hi,
I have a number of Honeywell ZW3010 in wall dimmer switches. The issue is that I can’t get them to transition smoothly (fade up or fade down). I just migrated over from hubitat and I’m sure that functionality works with these devices. If I set the config to the device to change the dimmer duration to 2 seconds, that works just fine for exactly one cycle. Then it appears HA overwrites that 2 with a zero. If I set transition time to 2 in the light.turn_on service, it seems to have no effect. It appears the transition time isn’t mapped over correctly to the dimming duration parameter of the switch. How would I go about adjusting that mapping? I’m using zwave2mqtt by the way.

Here is a sample automation:

- alias: Test on

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.test_bit
      to:  'on'

action:
    - service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: 
        - light.livingroom_dimmer
      data:
        transition: 2
        brightness_pct: 50

- alias: Test off

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.test_bit
      to:  'off'

action:
    - service: light.turn_off
      entity_id: 
        - light.livingroom_dimmer
      # data:
      #   transition: 2
      #   brightness_pct: 0

I am having the same exact issue as you. I have the same exact dimmers as you, as well as some Zooz dimmers that have the “Dimming Duration” key. I am using zwave2mqtt as well. I really like this setup, but I cannot figure out how to get the “Dimming Duration” to map over to the transition property. I am using Node Red and having no luck with that either.

I have a ZEN27 Dimmer and every time I try to adjust the dimming level in HA, OpenZWave starts spamming messages about the dimming value and dimming duration several times per second. I have to restart the addon to get it to stop the endless loop. I’m running HA 0.117 on Zooz firmware 3.01.

Hoping someone can chime in with any help?

Did you find a solution to this issue? I also have ZEN27 on firmware 3.01, and have the same endless looping problem, seems to be related to dimming.

Only seeing this issue on OpenZWave (beta) not so much on the legacy zwave integration.

Yea, I had to roll back to a previous firmware before the changes that were made.
Check out this other thread:

Thanks. I also rolled back to the old firmware and that seems to have fixed it.

Were you able to resolve this with the ZW3010 and zwave2mqtt? I’m having the same issue with the same dimmer. If I’m following correctly, it sounds like the solution for the Zooz dimmer was to downgrade firmware. But I can’t find anything about changing the firmware with the ZW3010 dimmer. Has anyone had any luck getting transition time to work with it?

I don’t have that dimmer so I can’t comment. However, I would suggest trying zwave-JS or zwaveJS2mqtt.

From what I gathered before, the issues were related to openzwave. zwave2mqtt (non JS) also uses openzwave.