Directv some devices showing some don't

I have 3 DirecTv HDdvr’s, a genie hub and 3 genie remote stations. 5 people, three dogs, an office, media room and den. When I start up HA, it finds two of my HDdvr’s and that’s it. It doesn’t find the one in my office or any of the genie equipment. I tried manually setting up the entries for my office, it has a static address and sees the whole home functionality just fine. But HA still doesn’t see it. I’m finally working down through the rest of my problems to where this one is starting to interest me. Any suggestions before I start digging into the error logs and get a real headache? My configuration.yaml file is at home right now, but the directv section is taken straight out of the online documentation for the directv media player, including the host and default port.
Thanks
Chip

I found the fix for this issue. On the HD DVRs I needed to go to (Menu->System Setup->Whole-Home->External Device) and set the box for “Current Channel” to Allow. In my case, the others were already set to Allow, so I don’t know whether they were required or not. I was able to do the same thing on the wired connected Genie box. However the wireless genie’s don’t support this, so they aren’t found. There may be another trick for those. I haven’t looked that far yet. Once I did this, the next discovery found the boxes, then I was able to set them up, customize them and add the to the appropriate groups for the rooms they are in. I was even able to find the Sony Bravia in my den and set up a scene I think that will turn both on. I need to setup an automation so that if the Directv box turns on, the TV automatically turns, on, but I haven’t gotten around to that.

has anyone found a solution for the wireless Genie boxes? They still do not discover.

Same Issue here…Genie boxes dont show up. Anyone got this to work?

I’m guessing by the silence the answer is no. :frowning: :wink:

1 Like

Anyone have success adding Genie boxes to HA? Specifically hass.io?

If I wire my genie box will it be discoverable? Running into the same issues as others with the wireless setup.