Disable central thermostat to use individual ones?

I know the following is not really specific to home-assistant, but it prevents me from using it in my new flat. I guess some other home-assistant user may have had the same problem already and I don’t know where else to put this question…

In my past flats I’ve had a central heating system which simply regulated the water temperature in the piping and I could install Bluetooth regulators on each radiator which I could then individually regulate. I could then nicely create temperature curves in HA for each room individually.

Now I’ve moved to a rented apartment, which has in the living room a central thermostat installed. (honeywell cm 67). This one defined if the heating system is aktive or not, I can then only tune the other rooms relative to this one. The problem: I don’t want to have to heat my living room in order to have the bathroom warm in the morning!

Is there a way to disable this functionality to make the heating “stupid” again to transfer the intelligence back to HA?

Any hints are very appreciated!

Ulrich

New apartment has radiated heating or forced air?

If radiated you could use wifi switch(wemo gpio w/ relay or other method) that control OFF/ON of heater.

You would place some temp sensor to detect water temp. HA would control wifi switch to regulate temp. You may also get some normal thermostat that mount local to water heat source.

You the control radiator per room.

Sort of agree with tmjpugh.
It’s a flat, you don’t own it, you have to return it as a salable working system when you leave.
Record in detail what you do, so it can be undone.
The boiler usually has a timer and a thermostat. They are usually on the same loop.
Confirm that you have a timer.
Such being the case.
Isolate the system electrically
Find where the thermostat enters the boiler.
You need to disconnect this thermostat loop. In place of the thermostat you need to put a switch (volt free, ie use the voltage ‘there’ not one from outside, I use a hostmann one) power your ‘switch’ from the boiler supply (so it’s all isolated together)
Set the timer so the boiler runs ALL the time.
You now have a boiler that runs when the switch is closed and the water return temp is less than you set on the dial on the boiler.
Fit your rad valves as you intend, set room thermostats as you intend.
If any room calls for heat switch boiler on
Job done

Thanks for the hints! I’ll try to follow your hints (and document what I change…)!