Displaying text in Floorplan

Greetings,

I have what I’m sure is a stupid question. I created a beautiful 3d floorplan in Sweethome3d and then ported it to Inkscape and added lights, doors, windows etc. I want to add text to display current time, temps etc so I can use this as my main UI on a couple tablets I have mounted around the house. I can’t for the life of me get any text to display. Even just the word “text”. I looked through countless floorplan.yaml files as well as the associated CSS files and can’t seem to get anything to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
David

EDIT: This is for a floorplan using a picture elements card/panel.

Use a state label:

- entity: sensor.spare_bedroom_temperature
  style:
    color: black
    left: 51%
    top: 20%
  type: state-label

Thanks for the quick response. I’m using floorplan as an iframe as I want this to be the whole UI on the tablet. I’m assuming I have to do something different in that scenario?

Yeah I posted before I realised you were probably using this https://github.com/pkozul/ha-floorplan rather than a Lovelace picture elements card. Sorry.

I am having the same problem. The text elements I add in Inkscape using “A” tool are not displayed at all. Please help! Everything else works fine.

I figured it out with the help of a post elsewhere on the forum. It took me “only” 3 hours of pain. Highlight each text element, in the menu select Text / Convert To Text. This should do it. If you have set your custom ID for the text element, the operation will reset it, so you have to set it again after the “Convert To Text”.

1 Like