Docker in HassOS pooped the bed, no idea how to recover

Hey all,

So I have my HassOS install running inside a Proxmox VM. I took the VM down when I shutdown the full system while doing so electrical work. Upon restarting Proxmox, Docker containers and all other VMs came back up fine. However HassOS has pooped the bed in a big way and I’m unsure how to recover it at this time.

Upon starting its VM everything seems to go well and I am met with the normal

“Welcome to HassOS
hassio login:”

prompt.

After entering ‘root’ I’m given the following.

SSH doesn’t seem to have started and I have no way to access the system as it has crashed the docker image and the base system is locked down. Is there something I’m missing? I just installed this system and added all my devices yesterday and had yet to make a backup or take a snapshot… is this install dead? If I have to nuke the system how do I recover my zwave devices that are paired with this now defunct system?

Sorry for all the issues and questions. I’ve searched and haven’t found anything all that close to this issue.

Your time and help is appreciated!

I tried extending the VMs size from 10G to 20G and it of course had no effect as the VM size == the dockers size which I have yet to figure out how to access.

Can you mount the disk in another vm and see if you can clean up some space?

Ah, there is an idea. I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion Rabittn!

Have you done both steps - first increase the disk size and then increase the partition? Have a look at this Proxmox link - I use VirtualBox, so I haven’t tried this, but I have used GParted to do the same thing.