Does homekit controller supports power consumption?

I have Legrand Netatmo electrical outlets. They support power consumption in official app. But I can’t see power consumption in HA. I saw, that in Apple Homekit power consumption is supposed, will it be supported in HA? Do we have any supported power consumption devices in Home assistant Homekit controller?

1 Like

good question…i have the same issue and i’m interested if this is a genera homekit issue or is the API from Legrand the problem?!

1 Like

It so appeared that Apple does not support power consumption for HomeKit. Does anybody know where you I can ask Apple to add power consumption to the HomeKit?

Maybe someone knows where I can write to Apple to support electricity consumption officially in the homekit protocol?

Same issue - the entire house consumption is available from every light switch and power socket. Is anyone looking to extend this integration to include these new counters please?

1 Like

You probably need to add Drivia’s écocompteur:

1 Like

Do we have any news?

Maybe there is someone in our community who has a connection with apple, to find out when they will add support?

Open source development has long been a champion of innovation and creativity, providing users with the freedom to modify and distribute software as they see fit. However, in recent times, it has become increasingly evident that this noble pursuit is not without its challenges.

One such challenge is the reliance on proprietary technology, such as Apple HomeKit, which has been a point of frustration for many users. Despite being an open-source home automation platform, Home Assistant users have been unable to see power consumption data for Legrand Netatmo electrical outlets, thanks to the closed nature of Apple’s HomeKit protocol.

This situation is all the more disappointing when considering the numerous requests from users to add power consumption to the HomeKit protocol. Despite these pleas, Apple has refused to do so, leaving many users frustrated and without access to vital data.

As a result, many users find themselves in a difficult position, unable to leverage the full capabilities of their devices due to the limitations imposed by proprietary technology. This not only restricts the development of the open-source ecosystem but also hampers the potential benefits that could be derived from integrating proprietary technologies into the open-source space.

The example provided in your post is a poignant reminder of this reality. Legrand Netatmo electrical outlets support power consumption data in their official app, yet this data cannot be accessed by Home Assistant users due to the closed nature of Apple’s HomeKit protocol. It is a sad reminder that despite the best efforts of open-source developers, their work is still subject to the whims and limitations of proprietary technology.

In conclusion, the reliance on proprietary technology is a harsh reality for open source development. Despite the best efforts of developers and the requests of users, closed protocols such as Apple HomeKit can limit the capabilities of open-source platforms and restrict the potential benefits of integrating proprietary technology into the open-source space. It is a sobering reminder of the ongoing challenges that developers face in striving for a more open and accessible technology landscape.

I wrote official letter to apply to support power consumption and waiting for answer

Hello everyone,
I’m restarting this topic because I have the same issue. I would like to know if someone find a solution ?

@nick2525 Do you some great news ?

I filled form at Apple site but they didn’t answered. I need help from everyone to write to Apple about this