Does RFLink require that board Nodo Sells?

I want to build an RFLink Gateway, but I don’t want to buy that board Nodo for you to solder components to.

I found this tutorial on DIYProjects.io
https://diyprojects.io/how-build-rflink-433mhz-radio-home-gateway-domoticz/

Has anyone tried it? Has the firmware evolved to a point where that board is required? Will it work with HomeAssistant?

Don’t know if the project from your link works in HA, but this

works very good.

My main concern is speed. Is MQTT much slower than a USB connection to the Pi?

The project I linked does work with HomeAssistant, cause there is an RFLink component on Hass already. My concern there is the hardware that is shown on the tutorial, as the post is from 2017. The official website says I need a board sold by Nodo, but the tutorial doesn’t mention it at all

Really? Check that out.

Well, it has so many parts… I currently use RFLink @ Mega for water sensors and OMG@UNO/ESP8266/Sonoff RF bridge for PIRs/door sensors etc. As ESP devices are more powerful than Arduino and have more memory, they perform very well even via WiFi.
It’s a different story if you are happy to rely on a wireless connection at all (as it might disconnect every moment).

You don’t need to buy the Nodo board or similar, but you need to build yours.
I followed several internet manuals and I made mine with a Mega 2560 PRO Mini and a PCB prototype board.

For me, the hard part was to choose the components and solder them on the plate.

Don’t be afraid and make your choose, it will works.