Does Verisure API still work if you stop paying the subscription?

My neighbour has a verisure alarm and is tired of paying 55 euro per month for the monitoring / call center service. Since I was experimenting with HA, we tried the integration and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to connect to their API and set things up in HA, so we could easily replace the verisure app. But now the question is, does this API keep working if you cancel the contract, or do you end up with a box of useless devices ?

Googling on this issue I found some conflicting information. In one place I read verisure says the system will keep working, only the “Master code” does not (?). Has anyone done this, cancel your subscription, and if so, what does and what doesnt work?

Hi! I know this is an old post, but were you able to figure this out? I’d love to know! Thanks!

Hi Vertigo
Did you find out if working without subscription? Thank you

Regards

UP. I’m also curious.

Ok, I just tried, doesnt seem to work. Although the error I get is rather weird:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/verisure/__init__.py:154
First occurred: 10:39:25 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:39:25 AM

Error during setup of component verisure
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 213, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/verisure/__init__.py", line 79, in setup
    if not HUB.login():
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/verisure/__init__.py", line 154, in login
    self.session.login()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/verisure/session.py", line 95, in login
    self._giid = self.installations[0]['giid']
IndexError: list index out of range

There are lots of people reporting that using the Verisure app without subs. so I am guessing an active sub may not be a necessity.

Was wondering has anybody worked out if an Active subs is a MUST for HomeAssistant integration to work with Verisure?

Hi there. Anyone out there who was able to tweak the code? In other topics i read that the Verisure integration only works with external api aka subscription.