šŸ§Æ Door open tts.cloud_say and Piper Announcer (Piper OR Nabu-Casa required)

Itā€™s already thereā€¦
Screenshot_2022-01-02_23-42-12

If you are thinking he has to add a customization to his sensor so this sees it, I do not believe so. I test it with things that are any old Binary_sensor, a button usually, so it should not matter.
It you find that it does let me know and I will fix it.

Thatā€™s kind of a specialty request and changes the original purpose.
It wouldnā€™t be hard to add, however.
If you want Iā€™ll advise you on changing it for your own system. Hit me up on Discord.
I donā€™t think it fits in here, however.

Thanks for the suggestion

You may have a device that uses events instead of binary sensors.
This is not written to handle that if that is the case.
However if there is a working and named binary_sensor available, it should show in the selector.
Restarting Home Assistant may clear the error for you.
Make sure HA is updated to the latest version.

If worse comes to worse and it wonā€™t show in the selector and you know the exact spelling of the name you should be able to just type it in or copy-paste it in there.

These are the only sensors that appear in the sensor selection plan because they have a device_class: door customization
door
There is a device_class: door in the selector and it narrows the selection to these sensors. In my opinion, this is correct.

That solved the problem! :slightly_smiling_face: I entered the sensor manually as you said and now it triggers the automation!

Got a new problem now.
HA does not update the sensor fast enough so sometimes the last message comes several minutes after the door has been closed.
The door contact is for my home alarm and the update gets it very quickly for that system. Can i adjust something for this?

Aaā€¦ I had not noticed that and do not like it.
Iā€™m removing the restriction, as it may not always actually be a door.
Thanks for pointing this out to me.

That is likely an issue with the sensor talking to the cloud server, then HA.
The only way to speed that up is to have a local sensor along side of the alarm sensor.
A sensor that stays in your home and never leaves your network.

New Minor updateā€¦

• 2022-01-03: Remove ā€˜Doorā€™ restriction on input sensor, and expanded description.

I suspect the idea was that if I set 60 seconds between alerts, for example after 60 seconds the initial door open alert is triggered and I close the door immediately after the alert, the last alert waits for a 60 second timeout and is not immediate.

That is possible as well.
Does HA pop the indication that the door is closed again right away. Not the alarm system itself, but the binary sensor that is the trigger itself.
As you can maybe tell, I got this blueprint, my first, by adapting a google_translate version someone else had and I donā€™t actually use this myself. I just spool one to test it when needed. sounds like this is needed.
I should be able to change it to die when the sensor dies, that would be cleaner.

Yes, it would be good for him to react immediately after closing. Itā€™s an otherwise good plan. Thank you

Edit Blueprint because the home of my blueprints have moved from GISTS to a Github repo. Please use the new links now in the original post.

Seems this blueprint is the same as your keypad? Did a copy paste mishap when moving repo?

I would like to use this script https://community.home-assistant.io/t/script-to-resume-radio-tunein-and-spotify-after-tts-on-google-home-speakers/326634 when I leave open the door, so the music resumes after the TTS. Any idea how to do that?

1 Like

oops
. Just moved everything from GISTs to a REPO, I must have missed that.
With 8 blueprints it was an all day endeavor.
Iā€™m on it.
Thanks for letting me know.

ā€¦A Few Moments Laterā€¦

All fixed.

1 Like

Letā€™s just say there is no way in heck that Iā€™m going to try to convert a 400 line script with about 50 variables, some that are lists, to a blueprint and merge it with the 150 line blueprint I have now. Mostly because it is something I would not use. I donā€™t use Tune-in or Spotify at allā€¦

Sorry.

But if you want to take it on or convince that guy to take it on, I would advise where I can.

@rudy12767
Hi, here is that guy :slight_smile:

The way Iā€™ve set up my variables is also why Iā€™m not sure if I can create a blueprint out of my script. I basically also donā€™t see the need, because, as I see it, a blueprint is to make it easy to setup difficult things multiple times.
I do see other advantages of a bleuprint, the way they can be shared, imported and updated through the community forum are very nice.

I think @rudy12767 can import your blueprint and change the tts part to a script call to my script, however that will be overwritten when the blueprint is updated.

I also donā€™t feel like forking your blueprint and adapting it to my needs since I donā€™t use it myself, and then will have to maintain it and check for changes and everything.

@rudy12767
You can import the blueprint and replace this part

- service: tts.cloud_say
      data:
        entity_id: !input 'speaker_target'
        options:
        language: !input 'speaker_language'

with

- service: script.google_home_say
      data:
        tts_target: !input 'speaker_target'
        tts_message: !input 'announcement_message'

That will probably work, but as I said, that will be overwritten when you import the blueprint again.
And it will not use the language and gender settings, you will have to set those in my script (or leave default for the settings of your tts service)

Dear Sir_Goodenough and ā€œthat guyā€, thanks for the imput both.

If you want to put this together like he suggested, I have no problem with you posting it back in to the exchange as long as you add links back to the originals in your descriptionā€¦

• 2022-2-15 - added link to new blueprint.
  • 2022-3-10 - added link to new blueprint.
  • 2022-4-17 - added new blueprint link to family
  • 2022-04-11: Add multiple to Speaker Selection and changed minimum HA to 2022.4.0

New Version today.
I did this a couple of days ago but released it today because of the problems with 2033.5.0 and 2022.5.1 releases not allowing Blueprint Imports.

Please Click the :orange_heart: at the end of the Top Post if you find this Useful

• 2022-05-05: Updated for 2022.5.0 HA. Added Markdown to !input Descriptions.

Updated the ā€˜other blueprintsā€™ links.

How do I set it up to let it know which window or door is open (entity/device)?