[SOLVED] DSMR: Add Warmtelink as data source

I have the Warmtelink as a DSMR device to capture the city heating usage. Can you please add the Warmtellink as data source to the DSMR component? The Warmtelink follows version DSMR spec version 5.
An example (mine) telegram is:

/NWA-WARMTELINK

1-3:0.2.8(50)
0-0:1.0.0(221106174315W)
0-0:96.1.1(ADD3100000197602)
0-0:96.13.1()
0-0:96.13.0()
0-1:24.1.0(004)
0-1:96.1.0(724251192D2C340C)
0-1:24.2.1(221106174315W)(4.986*GJ)
!B8BC

For those looking to run their own capture script, here’s my bash version:

TTY=/dev/ttyUSB0
stty -F ${TTY} 115200
stdbuf -oL cat ${TTY} | while IFS= read -r LINE; do
  if [[ ${LINE} =~ "GJ" ]]; then
    VAL=$(echo "${LINE}" | sed 's/^.*)(//;s/\*GJ)//')
    /usr/bin/mosquitto_pub -h mqhost -t energy/warmtelink -m ${VAL}
  fi
done

Hi Ceaus,
I live in Almere with City Heat and have a Wartelink.with a P1 port and connected to a 8266 with tasmota on it. I can read the telegram in the console of tasmota. But I dont know how to go any further to read the heat data (GJ) in HA. I am an biginner in HA-land.
Did you came any further? How and with what.

Richard

I built a DSMR reader with an esp8266 monitor my electricity usage. It’s connected to the P1 connection of the electricity meter.

I am now planning to build a second DSMR reader to hook up to the heat meter. It’s a Kamstrup Multical 402. The energy company (Stadsverwarming) hooked up a “EnergyFlip” device to it’s P1 port to be able to read the meter remotely.

Soon (they say) they will push a OTA update to the EnergyFlip to enable the P1 passthrough function. So then I can connect a DSMR reader to the EnergyFlip and read the Kamstrup’s DSMR data.

Is the ESPHome DSMR component usable for this? Or is it only meant for electricity and gas meters?

Note: We have city-heating. So no gas. Just a heat-exchanger and the heatenergy-meter. The meter shows energy used in GJ.

Look at the Bash script I posted earlier. It grabs the GJ value from the telegram and posts it on the ‘wl’ (Warmtelink) topic on my MQTT host. I have HA listening to that topic.

And to get you started, this is the sensor I use in HA to grab the value from the MQTT topic:

mqtt:
    sensor:
      - state_topic: "warmtelink"
        unique_id: "417927"
        unit_of_measurement: "GJ"
        name: "Stadsverwarming"

Update: After the latest HA update, the DSMR integration now also supports the Warmtelink. So it’s no longer needed for custom MQTT tinkering. Just plug your P1 cable into the Warmtelink P1 port, add the device to the Warmtelink integration and you’re done :slight_smile: It reports the energy correctly as GJ.
Minor inconvenience, the sensor is named sensor.gas_meter_gas_consumption, which is daft.