Duplicate Matter Servers

First off, many thanks to this community for the valuable information and guidance. Just reading the posts has answered the vast majority of my questions. I have been able to create an environment that meets my needs and that has a high Spouse Approval Factor. :wink:

With that in mind, I am planning to take one of the full backups and create a test version of the production system. These will be named “ha-prod” and “ha-test”. (Zero points for creativity here. ) I have Matter running that connects about a dozen Eve Energy outlets and water sensors. Once the test machine goes live, there will be two Matter servers with the duplicated configurations and pairing information on the same network. (Note: The Border Router is a 4k Apple TV.) That leads to the following questions:

• Is this a Bad Idea?
  • Will there be conflicts since the configurations in the registry will have the same ID information for the devices?
  • Apple Home reports the outlets currently on two services: Apple Home and 4939 (I’m guessing this is Home Assistant). Would this automagically assign them a third service?
  • Would the outlets need to be separately paired with the test machine, or will they just pick up the configuration from the backup?

This may be one of those edge (computing) cases, as I have not been able to find anyone that has reported doing this.

Thank you all again for your help.