Dwains Dashboard - 1 CLICK install Dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.1.0

no i dont think you should have to add anything to the resources yaml for that as its an integration, not front end

1 Like

Cool I’ll keep digging. Worst case I’ll make an entities page and put them in and come back to it later. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Any update on the garage door issue? I’m currently having to use the MyQ app separate to open/close the garage.

1 Like

I haven’t tested yet but this is probably no longer the case in 0.115.3 (they reverted lazy loading of custom more info cards): https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/40549

Edit: Tested and history works fine for me on 0.115.3

1 Like

I just did a wipe and restore of HA due to some %^&*@# ZHA issues (Oh! The Zigbee!).

That snapshot was about two weeks old, so I followed that by overwriting all of the files and directories in configs in the dwains-theme directory to make sure I had the latest edits. But now I am seeing a whole bunch of these warnings in my HA log:

2020-10-07 11:13:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200808200019.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 36 and 37
2020-10-07 11:13:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200810200205.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 36 and 37
2020-10-07 11:13:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200820200027.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 36 and 37
2020-10-07 11:13:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200821200014.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 30 and 31
2020-10-07 11:13:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200821200014.yaml contains duplicate key "door". Check lines 45 and 46
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200824200027.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 30 and 31
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200824200027.yaml contains duplicate key "door". Check lines 45 and 46
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200825200016.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 30 and 31
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200825200016.yaml contains duplicate key "door". Check lines 45 and 46
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200825200016.yaml contains duplicate key "device". Check lines 47 and 48
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200826200014.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 30 and 31
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200826200014.yaml contains duplicate key "door". Check lines 45 and 46
2020-10-07 11:13:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] YAML file /config/dwains-theme/configs/$SBV$/rooms.200827200018.yaml contains duplicate key "window". Check lines 49 and 50

To be clear, I didn’t have these log warnings before I did the restore.

Since everything seems to work just fine, I suspect what I seeing is some kind of artefact of the snapshot restore and then DT config update. But I’m a bit of purist when it comes to clean-ish logs and would like to figure out what’s at play here.

Is there some way I can either regenerate these apparently autogenerated theme files, delete them or do something else to resolve this?

Not a huge issue but I can’t figure out what’s safe to touch and what isn’t with these files.

1 Like

How will that affect the theme?
Custom Header seems To be “dead” now.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s already throwing log errors for me:

ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.factory] maykar/custom-header - Repository is archived.

1 Like

Seems to be my day for DT misbehaving.

Now, any edits I make to rooms.yaml are not reflected in the UI. No amount of insertions, deletions, config refreshes, browser cache refreshes or HA reboots will change the DT UI. It’s really odd.

I suspect this and the odd log warnings I posted upthread are related, I’m just not sure how.

Updated: It turns out both this lack of refresh and the log warnings were tied to the contents of a $SBV$ directory in the general DT configs directory.

I nuked its contents, restarted HA, refreshed the DT config and everything is happy again. No more log warnings and the UI now reflects the rooms.yaml.

An odd one for sure, but figured I would document this for future searches.

1 Like

So… Some news. As most of you have maybe read yesterday on my themes Discord server. @mayker has announced that he will stop working on CH.

Read also here: Custom Header

This news will mean that my theme will not work anymore in further HA releases. I’m now looking into different options like; making a own custom header, using the default HA header or fully stop working on my theme.

I will let you all know asap what the outcome is. :slight_smile:

As for now you can install HA 0.116 with my theme.

1 Like

Please dont stop working on Dwains Theme. It is simply super cool. Maybe u can use default HA header, cause mayker adjust the default header itselfs

6 Likes

I agree- I really hope a workable solution can be found, really digging the theme and its ease of use!

1 Like

I also hope you will find any other solution. I realy love the theme.

1 Like

Isn’t there a concern with CH and 0.116 that CH will cause the card to be rendered multiple times, which degrades performance? On that basis, I’d recommend sticking to 0.115.6 at the moment, and moving to 0.116 once a suitable alternative to CH has been found - hopefully in core HA lovelace!

1 Like

It has mainly to do with the advanced features of CH, which Dwainstheme doesn’t use. He only uses hide_header and show_footer from CH which are currently not affected.

The problem is as maykar stated, that he has added every single FR making CH bloated piece and way to much to maintain single handed. I understand him quitting, and hopefully he can add at least the hide header functionality to core (since he does work on core).

1 Like

No - the excessive FRs are the reason why @mayker will no longer be able to support further development of the card - I’m talking about this (for those not on Discord / HAA):

jimz011 Yesterday at 8:46 PM

It still works here on 0.116

maykar Yesterday at 8:47 PM

it will work for the most part, but there will be performance issues and for most people not using advanced css it will break

The major issue with CH and 0.116 is that a recent change in how cards are rendered causes CH to trigger them to render multiple times."

So yes it still works - but there is a performance issue. As I say, hopefully the main point of the card - to hide the default header - can be moved to core Lovelace as maykar is now working in that area.

1 Like

Fingers crossed that the base functionality of CH will get migrated to core.

The existence of Dwain’s Theme was the last piece of the puzzle in my strategy to migrate to HA away from my previous Vera system of many years. Clean, flexible, and responsive were the key selling points for me and the WAF is off the charts.

So here’s hoping that DT continues to evolve and that a solution to replace CH emerges. Both @dwains and @mayker have worked hard to get us this far, it would be a shame to have this be the end of the road.

1 Like

Hey there Dwain! Please don’t give up on the theme. It’s the best one out there and the main reason why i migrated my whole Scenario to HA.

Also, can i ask for a little help?

I have a input_number entity that controls the brightness of some leds on my living room but i couldn’t figure out how to add it to a room as a “sliding bar”. I could add it as a light, but the theme tries to “turn it on and off”. Other options wont work, nothing happends. Any advices?

Best regards

1 Like

Maybethis could be an alternative to CH?

1 Like

I have decided to start working on a own Dwains Theme Header that will have all the things I want for my theme :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Great news !! :+1:

1 Like