Dyson not connecting anymore

I’m seeing the same with a 360 Heurist.

I see @GFawkes has raised an issue:

I have added my experience to the GitHub thread. Thanks for your help.

Hi jay_p,
Have I done something wrong. I seem not to ve able to start step 4.

Thanks for any help

Hi @Philipd, add the integration from the front-end : HA → Left handside menu > Configuration > Integrations → Add Integration

Hi,
Am I searching for the wrong Integration, I can"t find Dyson.

Is this because I am using a container without supervision e.g Home Assistant Container ?.

Thanks

Nope, that’s the right place. You should see an integration named ‘Dyson Local’.

Have you restarted HA ?

I had the same issues, these are the steps I did to resolve it:

1. Make sure you have HACS installed
  2. In HACS install Dyson Local and Dyson Cloud
  3. Restart HA
  4. Then go to the regular integrations installations and install both Dyson Local and Dyson Cloud.
  5. Run through the setup of Dyson Cloud, make sure you have all the information at hand

Et voila, after this it worked for me.

Thanks all,
Restarted the browser, restarted the HA multiple times then it worked.
Now I can see the integrations :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m having trouble locating the Dyson Local and Dyson Cloud integrations… I’ve searched in HACS Integrations and tried searching custom repositories, but nothing matches. I’ve restarted HA several times as well.

Am I doing something wrong?

Have you added https://github.com/shenxn/ha-dyson as a custom repository in HACS?

1 Like

Hi @jaytee ,

Nope! Must have missed that in the thread. Working now and thank you!

It goes wrong when you restart HA. If I logoff and logon to the Dyson app (including the code you receive by e-mail) and the restart HA, it has worked every time.
It is quite annoying, though, so I hope Dyson will change the authentication. I will also try the local custom integration, which is the preferred approach anyhow.

I tried adding the repo but am getting

“Invalid Add-on repository!”
for

Anyone managing to get this working now?

It may well be related to this known issue with DNS Add-ons missing - Official and 3rd party · Issue #2955 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

Hi,

I have checked mine and i’m still able to connect and update form both ha-dyson repositories.

My best guess would be troubleshooting an issue with HACS. I’ve found it sometimes a bit glitchy over the years. often it requires the browser cache to be cleared, but i’m not sure if that would help here. Or try adding another HACS custom repository.

I assume you’ve added the repositories here:-

A few weeks ago my Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool lost connection to the Dyson Local integration. After I was unsuccessful in reconnecting I deleted Dyson Local an Dyson Cloud. Setting up Dyson Cloud seems to work fine with a success notice. However when trying to install Dyson Local it does not show my device, I can only select the wifi or manual install. Unfortunately my Dyson does not have a label with any of the required data (only the MAC address).
Tried it several times, with and without locking out and in from the Dyson Link app.

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed?

No matter what I do I cannot get the integration to install for Dyson Cloud. Even when trying to do python manually on the PC I get errors.

C:\python>python .\libdyson-main\get_devices.py
Please choose your account region
1: Mainland China
2: Rest of the World
Region [1/2]: 2
Region code: US
Email: [email protected]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\python\libdyson-main\get_devices.py", line 22, in <module>
    verify = account.login_email_otp(email, region)
  File "C:\python\libdyson-main\libdyson\cloud\account.py", line 127, in login_email_otp
    response = self.request(
  File "C:\python\libdyson-main\libdyson\cloud\account.py", line 119, in request
    raise DysonInvalidAuth
libdyson.exceptions.DysonInvalidAuth

Logged in and out of the Dyson App / rebooting etc.

Anyone able to do this anymore?

Same issue here, anyone know about any updates or managed to get it working?

My Heurist is still working, but I’m not especially keen to delete and re-setup :slight_smile:

I am running on Linux though, I haven’t tried Windows… should that make any difference.

I haven’t been able to get it (Dyson cloud) work via HA on NUC or via my windows vm and python.

Was working fine before I had to reconfigure my network IP’s and VLANs via Dyson Local.

So for me I have never been able to reconfigure and reset Dyson Local in any form to make it work.