Ecobee unavailable after snapshot restore

Hi Everyone,

I had been using Hassio on Raspberry 3 (docker on raspbian buster) for a few months now and had most of my integration setup. I followed Rob’s youtube video to get Hassio on HassOS VM setup on Unraid (similar to a windows VM). I created and snapshot on the Hassio on Raspberry Pi and restored it in the Unraid VM. Everything pretty much worked except for Ecobee. I see all the devices in ecobee but they are all unavailable. This happened one time before when I had to restore inside the Raspberry Pi and I had to delete and recreate the entire integration…both ecobee and HA side. Is there any other way to restore this without going through the entire ecobee integration process?

Thanks for all your help!

Delete the ecobee.conf file and let it re-create it.

1 Like

Where do I find this file? sorry…

Hey @war1000, the file should be found in your /config directory.
This should be the same place you find the custom_components and www directories as well.

I have the same problem. Ecobee was working when I did a snapshot. Then re-installed the system and after the snapshot restore, the Ecobee integration wasn’t working. There is no ecobee.conf in my config directory or any subdirectories. For now I’m going to redo the integration just so I can get it working.

Same problem here. I restored from a snapshot. I’ll have to redo the ecobee integration now. To follow through with that I have to delete it then create a new app instance in ecobee Developer so I can enter the new pin. I was just testing what I will have to go through if my SD card fails. There should be a way for this setup to be retained with a snapshot restoral. Same for the database too.

Today I removed Smartthings entities, but not ecobee, from core.device_registry but HA failed to restart so I restored a snapshot of core.device_registry and I still lost the ecobee setup.

Anyone know why the ecobee configuration gets lost when HA fails to restart and if there is a way to restore the ecobee setup without having to rerun the integration process?

1 Like

same problem restores a snapshot and Ecobee doesn’t work, no conf file either.

Ecobee may now be in your Configuration > Integrations menu in the UI. Delete the integration and then follow the steps to create a new one. The entities should be recreated with the same names and your system should work as expected.

thank you, I found how to delete it from integrations and it worked and so does EcoBee

1 Like

Had the same issue. Deleted the integration, and then followed the steps in the documentation to re-add it. Works just fine again.