Ecovac won't connect after 0.81 update

Anyone else see this? I saw this today after the update. Was working fine up until then.

Now it seems to time out. I didn’t notice anything in the release notes regarding ecovac.

me too.
this is the error in the log, I have tried with 0.81.1 and 0.82.2:

2018-10-29 17:49:14 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [sleekxmpp.basexmpp] fulljid property deprecated. Use boundjid.resource
2018-10-29 17:49:18 ERROR (read_thread) [sleekxmpp.basexmpp] day is out of range for month
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py", line 1492, in _process
    if not self.__read_xml():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py", line 1564, in __read_xml
    self.__spawn_event(xml)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py", line 1632, in __spawn_event
    handler.prerun(stanza_copy)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/handler/callback.py", line 64, in prerun
    self.run(payload, True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/handler/callback.py", line 76, in run
    self._pointer(payload)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/features/feature_starttls/starttls.py", line 64, in _handle_starttls_proceed
    if self.xmpp.start_tls():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py", line 889, in start_tls
    cert.verify(self._expected_server_name, self._der_cert)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/cert.py", line 133, in verify
    not_before, not_after = extract_dates(raw_cert)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sleekxmpp/xmlstream/cert.py", line 111, in extract_dates
    not_before = datetime.strptime(not_before, '%Y%m%d%H%M%SZ')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/_strptime.py", line 565, in _strptime_datetime
    tt, fraction = _strptime(data_string, format)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/_strptime.py", line 528, in _strptime
    datetime_date(year, 1, 1).toordinal() + 1
ValueError: day is out of range for month
2018-10-29 17:49:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vacuum] Setup of platform ecovacs is taking over 10 seconds.

ValueError: day is out of range for month
2018-10-29 17:50:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vacuum] Setup of platform ecovacs is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.

I have restored to version 0.80.3 and Ecovacs works again.

Same here - back on 0.80.3 :cry:

I tried the new 0.82.1 update to see any new things. ecovac still wont connect. tried going back to 0.80.3 and ecovac wont connect there either. maybe something changed on the ecovac api?

Sorry to hear that - I didn’t have any issues once I was back on 0.80.3

I have the same problem. How do I go back to 0.80.3?

Depends on what installation you’re using: Hass.io, docker, Venv,…

Sorry for the late response. I am using HASSIO.

Np, but I don’t have any experience with HASS.IO - you might want to ask about this in a separate topic.
Or there is probably one out there already that explains it in all necessary detail.

Ok thanks.

Also experiencing this in 0.82.1 hasssos 1.13 hassio supervisor 140

I ran into this tonight and found the fix for it here https://github.com/wpietri/sucks/issues/45 from the user alagarath I ran this from my docker container

pip uninstall -y pyasn1 pyasn1-modules sleekxmpp slixmpp && pip install pyasn1==0.3.7 pyasn1-modules==0.1.5 sleekxmpp==1.3.2 dnspython3==1.15.0

For docker I just dropped into the shell of the container with docker exec -it home-assistant /bin/bash

You could also probably just do

docker exec -it home-assistant pip uninstall -y pyasn1 pyasn1-modules sleekxmpp slixmpp && pip install pyasn1==0.3.7 pyasn1-modules==0.1.5 sleekxmpp==1.3.2 dnspython3==1.15.0

For those of you running HASS.IO YMMV but this should get you pointed in the right direction.

1 Like

I use HASS.IO, I have tried that @TheFuzz4 comment, but I don’t know if i did some wrong or it not work for me.
I did:

docker exec -it homeassistant pip uninstall -y pyasn1 pyasn1-modules sleekxmpp slixmpp 
docker exec -it homeassistant pip install pyasn1==0.3.7 pyasn1-modules==0.1.5 sleekxmpp==1.3.2 dnspython3==1.15.0

but ecovacs continue not working

do you know if i did some wrong?

thanks and regards.

try running it from within the container docker exec -it /bin/bash and then run the pip uninstall -y pyasn1 pyasn1-modules sleekxmpp slixmpp && pip install pyasn1==0.3.7 pyasn1-modules==0.1.5 sleekxmpp==1.3.2 dnspython3==1.15.0

thanks for the help,
I have tried the the following:

docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
pip uninstall -y pyasn1 pyasn1-modules sleekxmpp slixmpp
pip install pyasn1==0.3.7 pyasn1-modules==0.1.5 sleekxmpp==1.3.2 dnspython3==1.15.0

but, it does not work, and when I restart the HASS.IO, the modules go back. It is like dockers restart the previous instance after restart.

regards.
Marcelo

Hey Marcelo,

did you manage in the end? Is it just a matter of updating the libraries? Who can we ask to update those on the next hass.io release?

All the best