Emulated_hue and Google Home - change the colors of the lights

is it in the official HASS? Or I need to install the code?

That isn’t an option with the hue hub itself and google home, so it won’t be an option here either.

Revisiting this because mine stopped working. Probably because I updated my home assistant last week. Will try to install again…

FYI this option is already implemented in Philips hue hub and is working very well with Google Home.

You’re right, but this allows color control of non-hue lights via HASS.

Was this ever finished and implemented into HASS? Only asking as google home can only connect to one bridge and that is already taken up by emulated hue, would be good to still be able to control physical hue lights to change colour.

I am not sure if it has been implemented, but it isn’t too hard to install it yourself.

I use emulated hue and can change all my colors lights, I do not connect the actual hue hub to google home.

For those who don’t know how to get the proper files from the pull request on github download this zip and extract it to your home assistant config folder.

Only issue i have is using Limitless LED bulbs when i tell it to “Turn the ___ light white” it sets it to a orange color.

With this Custom component Alexa finds my Lamps as color lights, but when i ask alexa to turn Device X to green she says Device X dont support this. Whats wrong?

Hi,

I managed to get this working on an older version but have since updated to hassio and dont have access to the components folder. I have placed these in custom_components folder and it seems to be reading them as its created a new folder with in for cache but the commands do not work. Google just says either it cant do that right now or doesnt understand. Please can someone help me with getting this to work with hassio.

I’m going to test this out on my system a little later, I’ve been on Hass.io for a while but haven’t bothered to bring the emulated hue custom component in. Are you making sure to put it within an emulated_hue folder within custom_components?

When you remove the custom component, does emulated hue work at all?

1 Like

This combined with the multiple instance version would be great. That works perfectly as a custom_component in hass.io. Might have a look at chopping the two hue_api.py files together but my coding is below amateur level so expecting an epic fail :wink:

Well that was easier than I thought…up to a point!

Compared the two hue_api.py files and it looks like the multiple instance part must lie in the init.py so just did a straight replace of the hue_api.py, crossed fingers and restarted.

Booted up OK, nothing more than those annoying IP and port warnings in the log and running a rediscover in Alexa changed my Yeelight RGB bulbs into ‘Color light’ instead of ‘Dimmable light’. Tried shouting at Alexa and they turn on and off fine and the dimming works as it should, all good so far.

Problem is, what do I do to get the colour change working. Read through all the above and it didn’t mean a lot to me so a shove in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Hi, if I remove all the files in the custom_components, I can still use google to turn the lights on and off. When I add the custom_components/emulated_hue/ folder with the init, hue, upnp files then reboot I can still control the lights turning on and off but no colour changes. It also creates another folder in there called pycache so it must be reading the files just not using them properly instead of the originals.

I think your’s is all working fine, problem is, as I said before, Alexa out of the box only does on/off/dim, colour control is usually added with the Hue skill but that obviously doesn’t do much in our case as it relies on being linked to a Hue account and real Hue lights.

Hopefully @dramamoose will share the secret as he says he’s had it working.

@dramamoose anyone get this working with Hassio?
Downloaded and extracted the folder @Wutname1 mentioned.
However this was not successful.
Lights are shown still as dimmable not as rgb.

Not sure what was confusing about my post where I said this custom component works in hass.io?

Have you deleted the lights and rediscovered them?

Still hoping for a response with the last ingredient needed to change the colour though :slight_smile:

I copied it into the config folder but it does nothing.
lamps in http://:80/api/pi/lights are still showing as dimmable lights.
I tried to connect afterwards (just reinstalled and needed to find out, that I can only connect to my hardware hue bridge (asks for Hue login)…
Is there a way to still connect to emulated hue via google home?

Custom components go into the custom components folder.

Check out this new component coming soon to HA - no color control, yet. But @philk has indicated that is on his TODO list.

LOL, have you pasted this in every single thread :slight_smile:

1 Like