Enigma2 receivers integration

I have a Pull Request open on HA with an enigma2 media_player, with the same features as this platform. Please comment there if you would like to see it merged, so maybe the review might get picked up quicker!

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21271

2 Likes

@fbradyirl wow, thank you. Why another plugin, it is any different?

I wrote it myself years ago.

1 Like

i have 2 questiong one feauther request:
Isn’t it possible to auto update the screenshot that is grabed.

and i have one isue, i’m not able to display the picon.
looks like the picons are in the right directory.

https://uno4k/picon/ is displaying picons, looking at your code, this is where you get the picon from.
but they aren’t loaded. maybee problems with the file name.
my picons are named like this 1_0_19_285A_401_1_C00000_0_0_0.png for NDRHD picon

i’m a bit further: ha looks for http://UNO4K:80/picon/1_0_19_6592_1A_2710_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
but this isn’t in the dir. but on the box the picon is displayed.
why is it displayed when it isn’t in the dir. ???

have a look in the EPG in open webif, find the channel, and have a look at what the picon img url looks like as something must exist if you see if on the box!

You picon location on the box might not be what you’re looking at!

@fbradyirl I am glad it is integrated so quickly. There is one, very missing function to the other plugin: ability to select which bouquet to use.

" To get your bouquet references, open in your browser : http://box.ip/web/getservices

You can find your bouquet reference from as follows:

Example 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet BOUQUET_NAME_HERE

In my case, if I want to load all channels from bouquet Sky Deutschland I have to look for: 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe1e.tv" ORDER BY bouquet Sky Deutschland

Then copy the entire string, removing the bouquet name from the end"

One more bug report:

media_player:
  - platform: enigma2
    host: 192.168.1.99
    use_channel_icon: true

But I still see screenshot of channel, not picon.

One more feature suggestion: it would be great to add an option when use_channel_icon is set to true, but if not found fall back to screenshot mode for given channel.

@fbradyirl any info on this? :slight_smile:

Yes. See here:

I made a fix though so when that gets released it should work with your picons also:

1 Like

Yesssss, you are the best. Can’t wait to test it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for this component.
Do you know if it is possible to start a camera.play_stream on it? From my tests, it does not but maybe I’m missing something.
Thanks.

Hello,

I don’t get it, I have the following small issue.

In my Home Assistant 0.92.2 I see two times the same box:

1: Zgemma
2: zgemmah2h.local.

The number one I always had but after the upgrade to 0.92.2 I have the number two.
In my configuration.yaml I have only one device:

media_player:
- platform: enigma2
host: ipnumberbox
name: Zgemma

I don’t understand where number two is coming from what could be wrong here?

Okay, I delete media_player from configuration.yaml it looks like it will discover now automatic in home assistant 0.92.2 and that was not in a early version…

Does anybody still uses the Enigma notify function? I mean since Enigma2 wet official in HA its notify function was never introduced. Custom component now does not work or am I missing something?

Hi

I still did not update HA, but yes, the new enigma2 component from HA does not support notification.

I will keep using my component :slight_smile:

@fbradyirl: will you have a look on to it ?

Feel free to open a PR and add notify. It is not something I have ever used on enigma2.

Guys I would have opened anything even PR would I have know what that actually its :slight_smile: I am no coder but if you want me to open some sort of a ticket, just give me a hint what to do. I would very much like to have the Enigma notify function back and would appreciate anyone who cane help.

Hi all, maybe anyone can help me out, I am trying to set lights in living room on green if I am watching soccer on TV, so if source is i. e. “Sky Sport”, how to get this workin?

{{ state_attr('media_player.NAME, 'source') }}
should return the source value which has the channel name in it

1 Like

ok got it, but how to define the target sources?