Enocean switch will not work

First steps with enocean: but nothing really happens.

So what are the facts?

I’ve got an enocean switch from ELTAKO (the original homee switch with labels) - model: PTM215.

There is a label on the backside with an ID. I used this ID in my configuration.yaml file:

switch Switch_A:

• platform: enocean
    name: Switch_A
    id: [0x00,0x00,0xFE,0xF2,0xEA,0x41]

If I push one of the 4 buttons the led on my USB encocean300 stick is flashing yellow.

Nothing else happens… How can I find out what is the right ID for configuration?

How can I use the action in my scripts?

I put also following code in my configuration.yaml file (is this the right place?)

automation:

• alias: LichtTest
    initial_state: on
    trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: button_pressed
    event_data:
    id: [0x00,0x00,0xFE,0xF2,0xEA,0x41]
    pushed: 1
    which: 1
    onoff: 0
    action:
    • service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: light.kugellampe_wohnzimmer

But I think this is not all - isn’t it?

I want to flash my light (change from off to on). Or anything else to find out if my enocean switch is working…

Perhaps someone can help me.

Hey :slight_smile:
The ID you need to provide to HA is only 8 chars long, so you need to remove the 0x00’s from your config. (It’s always the right-most 8 chars)
I don’t know how the switch presents itself - however a switch is usually a binary-sensor in HA.
The “switch” cited in the documentation is actually a relay. :crazy_face:

Try this in your configuration.yaml:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: enocean
    name: Switch_A
    id: [0x01,0x90,0x84,0x3C]

Save and restart Home-Assistant core. After that, go to developer tools -> Events
Type “button_pressed” in the lower input field and start listening. After you press (and release) a button, an event should show up.
If you don’t need the advanced functionality, I’d recommend using the automation editor in the settings.
Either way, you need to remove your 0x00’s here also.
pushed: 1 means button down (use that, waiting until the button comes back up is obviously a little slower)
which: and onoff: refer to the button pressed, so 0 0, 0 1, 1 0, 1 1 are the combinations for the different keys.

Small side note: I ruined my remote by prying it open to get to the IDs. Sometimes, like on the ELTAKO window sensors, those ID’s aren’t even written on there.
It’s a lot easier to just use https://github.com/futomi/node-enocean-utils to get the IDs. Plug in the USB stick into a PC, start analyzer.js and look for the IDs.

Hey,

great - that works fine for me. Now I can see the action of my switch. That’s fine.
Thank’s a lot.
Next step for me is to create scripts…

1 Like