Error connecting to the Hue bridge

Please forgive me if I have missed something obvious here.

Yesterday morning my Hue integration was working fine, then yesterday evening I couldnt control any of my Hue lights from HA. Working via the Hue app is fine so it is an issue on the HA end. I checked the integrations page and the following error is shown on Hue: “Retrying setup: Error connecting to the Hue bridge at…” . I have pinged the IP and it is reachable, I backed up and then deleted the integration, when I tried to re-add it I couldnt as HA could not discover any Hue bridges.

My HA versions are as follows:
Home Assistant 2022.7.7
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.4
Frontend 20220707.1 - latest

Hue hub is running software version 1.52.1952154030

HA is running as HASSOS on a Pi4, connect by ethernet to my router, Hue is also connected to the same router by ethernet. I could not find a way to generate any logs from the Hue integration but if any other logs are helpful please let me know and I will upload them.

1 Like

The only seemingly relevant entries in the log are:

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'Philips hue' for hue integration not ready yet: Error connecting to the Hue bridge at ....; Retrying in background

and possibly this on the next line:
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Unclosed client session

1 Like

Same exact problem here.
I had in 2022.7, now even in .8 version.
Does HA go in conflict with other potential hue integrations? (Alexa, Nuki, etc.)
I’ve two hue bridges on the same network, one at home, one in garage.
Both were correctly working. Now only the garage one works.
I do not know how to source a more precise log… so to better understand why it cannot connect…