Error setting up Daikin airco

Hello,

While setting up my Daikin airco I’m only getting 2 sensor entities and no climate entity…

In the logs I can see the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: components/daikin/climate.py:194
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: July 18, 2021, 6:13:47 PM (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:08:36 PM

Error adding entities for domain climate with platform daikin
Error while setting up daikin platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 322, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 514, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 547, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 310, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 334, in _async_write_ha_state
    sstate = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 176, in state
    return self.hvac_mode
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/climate.py", line 194, in hvac_mode
    daikin_mode = self._api.device.represent(HA_ATTR_TO_DAIKIN[ATTR_HVAC_MODE])[1]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py", line 113, in represent
    k, val = super().represent(key)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py", line 298, in represent
    val = self.values[key]
KeyError: 'mode'

Could someone help me or know what’s wrong? I’m doing the setup via the app

Here are the two entities, apparently the climate one is unavailable?

Have you checked if your device is supported?

How do I know the WiFi controller? Cannot see it on the sticker with info:

Based on that website, it seems your wired controller type is BRC073A1.

The supported hardware listed on the documentation starts with BRP……

Additional suggestion:

It is listed that you also have IR remote, therefore you may want to try see this guide. Basically you create IR remote (can work as a transmitter and receiver) that can be integrated to HA via ESPHOME.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll have a look into that!