Error updating to 0.53

Good evening,

I was still running 0.49 of HomeAssistant and tried to update to 0.53 tonight. All pre-reqs were installed. Then Home Assistant 0.53…

But all the sudden I saw a “roll back” of the 0.53 installation. Since then I’m stuck with 0.49 because every time I restart the update process, it tells me I’m up-to-date - which is clearly not the case :frowning:

What can I do???

Thanks,
Daniel

You can post any errors, along with details of what operating system you’re running on, and how you installed HA.

Sorry, it was late last night and I was frustrated - so I forgot the details :slight_smile:

I’m running Home Assistant in a virtual environment on a RPi 3 with the latest Raspbian Jessie.

I don’t have the error message (anymore). I forgot to copy it and thought a reboot and re-install would solve it. There was another thread where someone had the same issue while updating to 0.52 or 0.51 but there was no solution and I can’t find it right now :frowning:

Here it is :slight_smile: But I dodn’t have the error with the USPS component…

Can you post your error log though, not somebody else’s - while it may look the same, unless you cloned their system, it’s not :wink:

I can when I’m home tonight - sorry for the confusion.

No worries - troubleshooting based on other people’s errors, and when you’re not near the thing that’s got the problem, rarely works :slight_smile:

Hello

I have the same problem when try upgrade. This is my logs:

Collecting homeassistant
Downloading homeassistant-0.53.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (7.4MB)
100% |████████████████████████████████| 7.4MB 39kB/s
Requirement already up-to-date: chardet==3.0.4 in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages (from homeassistant)
Requirement already up-to-date: pip>=8.0.3 in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages (from homeassistant)
Requirement already up-to-date: pytz>=2017.02 in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages (from homeassistant)
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 335, in run
wb.build(autobuilding=True)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/wheel.py”, line 749, in build
self.requirement_set.prepare_files(self.finder)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 380, in prepare_files
ignore_dependencies=self.ignore_dependencies))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 487, in _prepare_file
req_to_install, finder)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 428, in _check_skip_installed
req_to_install, upgrade_allowed)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/index.py”, line 465, in find_requirement
all_candidates = self.find_all_candidates(req.name)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/index.py”, line 423, in find_all_candidates
for page in self._get_pages(url_locations, project_name):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/index.py”, line 568, in _get_pages
page = self._get_page(location)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/index.py”, line 683, in _get_page
return HTMLPage.get_page(link, session=self.session)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/index.py”, line 792, in get_page
“Cache-Control”: “max-age=600”,
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/sessions.py”, line 488, in get
return self.request(‘GET’, url, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/download.py”, line 386, in request
return super(PipSession, self).request(method, url, *args, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/sessions.py”, line 475, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/sessions.py”, line 596, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/cachecontrol/adapter.py”, line 37, in send
cached_response = self.controller.cached_request(request)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/cachecontrol/controller.py”, line 111, in cached_request
resp = self.serializer.loads(request, cache_data)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/cachecontrol/serialize.py”, line 114, in loads
return getattr(self, “_loads_v{0}”.format(ver))(request, data)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pip/_vendor/cachecontrol/serialize.py”, line 176, in _loads_v2
cached = json.loads(zlib.decompress(data).decode(“utf8”))
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect data check

Do you have any idea?

Not the same problem :wink:

Yours looks to be a corrupt package download, or you ran out of disk space. Can you check that you’ve got enough space: du -csh

thanks!
I’ll try.

Hello,

I din’t have problems with disk space.
Thanks for all
I have reinstalled the system again