Errors checking HA 2021.2.3 against 2021.3.3

When I run “Check Home Assistant configuration” to check if update will be succesfull i get an error in /share/check_config.txt. Can someone tell me what to do

Error message

`[13:03:44] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[13:03:44] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
ERROR:homeassistant.helpers.check_config:Unexpected error validating config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 147, in async_check_ha_config_file
    await config_validator.async_validate_config(  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 103, in async_validate_config
    await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 85, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 63, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/trigger.py", line 49, in async_validate_trigger_config
    conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py", line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
    return await getattr(platform, "async_validate_trigger_config")(hass, config)
[13:03:44] INFO: The full output has been written to /share/check_config.txt`

What is in this file?

ok complete output is:

INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==4.7.2
e[01mTesting configuration at /tmp/confige[0m
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of mutagen==1.45.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiohttp_cors==0.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of gTTS==2.2.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of buienradar==1.0.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of av==8.0.3
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of home-assistant-frontend==20210302.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pillow==8.1.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aionefit==0.14
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of ha-ffmpeg==3.0.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pexpect==4.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of netdisco==2.8.2
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pydeconz==77
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of defusedxml==0.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of async-upnp-client==0.14.13
ERROR:homeassistant.helpers.check_config:Unexpected error validating config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 147, in async_check_ha_config_file
    await config_validator.async_validate_config(  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 103, in async_validate_config
    await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 85, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 63, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/trigger.py", line 49, in async_validate_trigger_config
    conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py", line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
    return await getattr(platform, "async_validate_trigger_config")(hass, config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/deconz/device_trigger.py", line 412, in async_validate_trigger_config
    device_registry = await hass.helpers.device_registry.async_get_registry()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py", line 636, in async_get_registry
    return async_get(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/device_registry.py", line 620, in async_get
    return cast(DeviceRegistry, hass.data[DATA_REGISTRY])
KeyError: 'device_registry'
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of psutil==5.8.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of bluepy==1.3.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of miflora==0.7.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of scapy==2.4.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hass-nabucasa==0.41.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of PyNaCl==1.3.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of emoji==1.2.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of distro==1.5.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of sqlalchemy==1.3.23
e[01;37mFailed confige[0m
  e[01;31mautomation:e[0m e[31me[31m
    - Unexpected error calling config validator: 'device_registry'
    - [OrderedDict([('id', '1612713257457'), ('alias', 'Low battery level detection & notification for all battery sensors'), ('description', ''), ('use_blueprint', OrderedDict([('path', 'Sbyx/low-battery-level-detection-notification-for-all-battery-sensors.yaml'), ('input', OrderedDict([('actions', [OrderedDict([('device_id', '5c7e6bed84a03899af67a1a7e744215b'), ('domain', 'mobile_app'), ('type', 'notify'), ('message', 'Check battery {{sensors}}'), ('title', 'Batterij status melding (< 20%)')])]), ('threshold', '20'), ('day', '0'), ('time', '10:00:00')]))]))]), OrderedDict([('id', '1614345781063'), ('alias', 'Tag Jungle Boek: Als Je Van Beren Leren Kan is gescand'), ('description', ''), ('trigger', [OrderedDict([('platform', 'tag'), ('tag_id', 'b50f2dff-0cab-4a14-a2c1-e9689ecd042b')])]), ('condition', []), ('action', [OrderedDict([('service', 'media_player.play_media'), ('data', OrderedDict([('media_content_type', 'cast'), ('media_content_id', ' { "app_name": "youtube", "media_id": "IgePf9TwTWA" }')])), ('entity_id', 'media_player.televisie')])]), ('mode', 'single')])]
e[0m
e[01;37mSuccessful config (partial)e[0m
  e[01mautomation:e[0m

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Might be a false positive. See this topic:

If your system passes a configuration validation do a snapshot/backup and copy it off the system before updating.

Thanks tom for the advise and yes I could do that, ignore the error but I assume the “Check tool” is meant to prevent this. Guess I’ll just wait for April version …|

Isn’t the same check procedure executed prior to each ha restart? If check procedure fails I expect it prevents the server restart too

see topic opener: this item is about the HA addon “Check Home Assistant configuration”. A tool that can be used to test a new installation against a existing version

I’ve got the same issue as described. Seen people discussing the same in another forum, still going through the Dutch translation:
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/66388080#66388080

thanks that tweakers item I will definitely follow, I would also like to hear if you have a solution

Not yet and I’m not really keen on trying to update with such warning.

I’ll post something on HA community page on FB.

Kr

Same problem here:

e[01;37mFailed confige[0m
e[01;31mautomation:e[0m e[31me[31m
- Unexpected error calling config validator: ‘device_registry’
e[01;37mSuccessful config (partial)e[0m
e[01mautomation:e[0m

When I comment out the automation integration in my config, the check passes. After updating to 2021.3.3 I reactivated the automations and the “Check Home Assistant configuration” addon is reporting that unexpected error again.

Found this related issue on Github:

1 Like

Same here.
Configuration check 2021.3.3 fails.

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py”, line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config

Without automation include config check passes.

same error when checking 2021.2.3 against 2021.3.4

I am getting the error:
Translation Error: The intl string context variable “naam” was not provided to the string “Weet u zeker dat u {naam} wilt updaten naar versie {versie}?”

Just to confirm. Even with the error, anyone tried to update? I’m wondering if the add-on is providing a false positive…

I’ve upgraded despite the error (from 2021.2.3 to 2021.3.4) and everything went fine. So looks like a false positive.

Yes, upgrading here worked okay as well, although I was getting some weird errors when updating some addons. So I have since downgraded. But there is no point in a upgrade checker if it doesn’t work properly.

2 Likes